I'm looking for wireless ear buds

Thread: I'm looking for wireless ear buds

I'm looking for wireless ear buds

I have my bike set up with Bluetooth so that I can listen to my cell phone or Serious XM while riding. I'm presently using the SENA SMH10, but the in helmet speakers don't really give me as crisp a sound as I used to get with ear buds. So I'm considering getting some wireless Bluetooth earbuds. I've been reading reviews but can find no reviews from anyone using them with a motorcycle helmet. Is anyone using wireless ear buds for riding and how have they worked out? So far I like what I've read about the Samsung Galaxy Buds, but have no idea if they're compatible with a helmet.

I understand earbuds on a motorcycle are illegal in many states. Even when they are legal they don't offer the ambient sounds to get thru (sirens, horns, etc.) as well as a good set of helmet speakers. I have the Sena SMH10 also. About 6 years worth. Even replaced Sena battery about 2 years ago. Went thru the same problem with sound volume and quality as you are experiencing. But, after I replaced the stock speakers with IASUS speakers (from Amazon) I no longer miss my ear buds.
    Just my 2 cents.

gadgeteer, can you tell me which model IASUS speaker you got? I'd certainly consider getting a set.

You can use plug in ear buds and by pass the speakers
    My sena 20s has a plug for ear buds.
    One less thing to pair.

Quote Originally Posted by shortleg0521 View Post
    You can use plug in ear buds and by pass the speakers
    My sena 20s has a plug for ear buds.
    One less thing to pair.
    Uh, not legally in Maryland. Nor, for that matter, in most other states. I've seen a few that allow 1 earbud to be used, but I've not aware of any state that has legalized the use of earbuds in both ears.

https://law.justia.com/codes/marylan...le-11/21-1120/
    2016 F6B Deluxe with goodies.

I have only ridden once with my Jabra 65T buds and they worked very well. They fit well in the ear but also have a setting to allow pass through of ambient sound.

Thanks to all for your information. I've ordered a set of the IASUS helmet speakers through Amazon Prime, so they should be here tomorrow. gadgeteer, are they direct plug in with the SENA? I checked my SENA and it has an unusual looking plug for the speakers and mic. My guess is that they must have the correct plug.