Thinking of a hot weather armored mesh jacket
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Thinking of a hot weather armored mesh jacket

Thinking of a hot weather armored mesh jacket

Hey fellas what are your thoughts on a good hot weather mesh with armor? I don't want a multi season jacket, I have that, but a simple but effective armored mesh. The one I am currently looking at is the Icon Mesh AF jacket.....anyone have this one? How's the fit? I am a Shrek so looking for comfort for a bigger dude.

Okay, the most important reason for a "mesh" jacket is to hold armor in place and what really matters is the armor inserts.

You'll know how good the mesh and seams are by touching it with your hands. It's gonna be a personal choice.

A few years back I got a Poker Run mesh jacket on sale for $10. The jacket is great with packets where I like them and it's FULL two sided mesh. The armor was JUNK! Just thin pieces of foam, BUT, I was able to get CE Certified armor for elbows and shoulders from Amazon and the jacket had pockets to accommodate the full size pads.
    2016 F6B Standard Matte Silver. Freedom Combat Slip-Ons, BaggerShield 11" - 19" Sport Shield, Kuryakyn Ergo II Highway Pegs, Ultimate King Seat w/Driver Backrest, Pathfinder Running/Turnsignal/Driving Lights, Beeline Moto Navigation, INNOVV K2 Camera, DHS Racing Shifter Linkage Upgrade, Show Chrome Handlebar Risers and Luggage Rack.

Vandal. I'm not sure if you're close to Spokane, thinking maybe by your handle you're near Moscow... We've got a Cycle Gear store in Spokane Valley. I bought a Bilt brand mesh jacket, it has CE armor. This way you can actually try the stuff on before you buy, they have a large selection to choose from. They also have Sedici and top name brands.

Actually I am. I am over in Coeur d'Alene. Going to swing out there this weekend and try stuff on, including some Arai and Shoei sizing.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWalrus View Post
    Vandal. I'm not sure if you're close to Spokane, thinking maybe by your handle you're near Moscow... We've got a Cycle Gear store in Spokane Valley. I bought a Bilt brand mesh jacket, it has CE armor. This way you can actually try the stuff on before you buy, they have a large selection to choose from. They also have Sedici and top name brands.

I have the Sedici mesh Goldwing jacket and I like it. Fit is good, armor is decent and stays where it's supposed to, and if I soak my T shirt under the jacket, the A/C effect lasts for 30-45 minutes, depending on temp.

Jason

Last edited by JackB; 11-16-2019 at 01:10 PM.

Hot and humid here in Cincy in the summer. Joe Rocket has been doing it for years. I'm on my second jacket.

Quote Originally Posted by Vandal View Post
    Hey fellas what are your thoughts on a good hot weather mesh with armor? I don't want a multi season jacket, I have that, but a simple but effective armored mesh. The one I am currently looking at is the Icon Mesh AF jacket.....anyone have this one? How's the fit? I am a Shrek so looking for comfort for a bigger dude.
    Look at First Gear mesh jackets. I used them for about 6 years here in the hot, humid Midwest summers. They make a very nice Hi-Viz one.

Follow up, I went into Spokane to Cycle Gear last weekend and tried on a few, boy, that European fit sure is tough to find the right fit for my broad shoulders. I am now thinking 3xl for some of the options out there. They didn't have too many in stock for me to try out, but I am torn between the iCon Mesh AF or the Cortech option, since I have the heavier all season Cortech and it is solid quality.

I’ve got several Joe Rocket jackets. Quality and price work for me.
    My hot weather jacket is mesh, you can see right through it.... same with the pants. It’s really nice for really hot weather..