Why is it? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Why is it?

I don't get many miles in the summer simply riding locally down thru Amish country south of home Saturdays and Sunday mornings. So by extending my riding season when the roads are clear and dry I can get 7K to 8K per year.
    I gotta say that riding when it is less than 50 degrees is a lot more fun to me than riding in 80 degree heat. The F6B has really good wind protection, especially when using a full height windshield.
    Been out on the bike in weather cold enough that the bike can't display the air temp. Simply shows ----.
    Also love the reactions I get from people on the roads.

Winter fell on a Tuesday this year in Australia. It was cool enough to drag out the Air Mesh jacket though.

I ride for leisure on my days off and during vacations. The days of having to commute in heavy downtown/freeway traffic are behind me. I will be retired in two years and will have ample time to catch up on my riding on days/times/locations of my choosing. Really looking forward to many overnight trips into wine country (Temecula). Hopefully my travels will cross paths with some of you.

Some good input here, but I think most didn't get the point I was trying to make. It's not that I envy people who can(or do)ride all year, it's just the fact that when I can ride all I want during the Spring, Summer, & Fall, I think of every reason there is to not ride, yet during the Winter months when the bike is in storage I'm chomping at the bit to get out. Some years I can't wait for September to roll around so I can put the bike up because I've ridden all I care to whether it's 300 or 6000 miles. I've been retired for 20 years now, and the 1st couple of years I was riding an average of 200 miles a day on my Valkyrie. I just don't seem to have the desire for trips anymore and wondering if I should hang it up. I'm not asking anyone to make that decision for me, just putting it out there.

Yeah, was in Ojai bout 2 wks ago. It's was a beautiful 85 degrees. Nice to have the bike out.
    Last edited by adventurous1; 12-07-2019 at 01:18 AM.
    "Absorb what is useful, discard what is useless, and add what is uniquely your own." Bruce Lee

"The only thing worse than being blind is having sight but no vision." - Helen Keller

"Get busy living, or get busy dying." Andy Dufresne

Quote Originally Posted by a1scoot View Post
    Here in Cali I ride all year....A good jacket and waterproof gloves/boots will do wonders....
    We are getting hammered with rain lately but I'm still on two wheels.
    a1scoot
    Yeah, was in Ojai bout 2 wks ago. It's was a beautiful 85 degrees. Nice to have the bike out.
    "Absorb what is useful, discard what is useless, and add what is uniquely your own." Bruce Lee

"The only thing worse than being blind is having sight but no vision." - Helen Keller

"Get busy living, or get busy dying." Andy Dufresne

Quote Originally Posted by six2go View Post
    This time of year when the "6" is all snugged up in the garage under a cover with the battery maintainer plugged in, full tank of treated fuel and a fresh oil change I really want to get out and brave the Winter weather and go for a ride. Yet from April until October I try to think of every reason possible to NOT go riding. I've only put 3,100 miles on her since Nov. 2017. Am I done?
    I have found that good heated gear made all the difference for me.
    Think its funny when I stop at a light and have to turn down the heat
    and the car next to you can't understand how you can take the cold.