Getting ready to trade and would like some advice
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Getting ready to trade and would like some advice

Smile Getting ready to trade and would like some advice

Hello guys.
    I own an F6B 2015 matte silver, which I like a lot, but I'm thinking on trading for a newer 2018 or 19 Goldwing, or the equivalent of the F6B, some time around Christmas or beginning of January. I'm planning on trading my F6B as well as my VTX 1800F 2005, although unfortunately I'm still paying for the F6B and still have a good 2 years to paid it off. I would like to get some takes on the new ones. I went to check some of them in Deland and Sanford FL, but I want to make sure I'm doing the right thing. I know I will loose some space on the saddle bags and, unless I get the full dressed one, I will not have the option to lower it, which would be a kind of a pain being that I'm 5'7" and had struggle with my F6B to get it to a decent hight. I also don't want to get into a huge debt , hence the reason I will try an 18 model or a 19 with some kind of deal. Also, I really like the fact that they already come with bluetooth and other nice features. Also, should I take all the after market accessories off the F6B? I got quite a few and they don't come cheap. Of course I'm only thinking about the ones you can remove fairly easy and I know dealers don't care about those, but here is the thing. I'm trying to figure out what if they don't give me a good deal? After I remove all that stuff.....
    Any thoughts or advice will be really appreciated.

The new Wing seams to be a great bike!
    When I looked at them last year and if I traded in my 2013 F6B they wanted about $15000. It wasn't worth it.
    So I ended up buying a leftover 2015 Valkyrie for less than $10,000.
    So I saved $5000 and I got 2 cycles, I think I made the right decision.

Quote Originally Posted by perohijo View Post
    Hello guys.
    I own an F6B 2015 matte silver, which I like a lot, but I'm thinking on trading for a newer 2018 or 19 Goldwing, or the equivalent of the F6B, some time around Christmas or beginning of January. I'm planning on trading my F6B as well as my VTX 1800F 2005, although unfortunately I'm still paying for the F6B and still have a good 2 years to paid it off. I would like to get some takes on the new ones. I went to check some of them in Deland and Sanford FL, but I want to make sure I'm doing the right thing. I know I will loose some space on the saddle bags and, unless I get the full dressed one, I will not have the option to lower it, which would be a kind of a pain being that I'm 5'7" and had struggle with my F6B to get it to a decent hight. I also don't want to get into a huge debt , hence the reason I will try an 18 model or a 19 with some kind of deal. Also, I really like the fact that they already come with bluetooth and other nice features. Also, should I take all the after market accessories off the F6B? I got quite a few and they don't come cheap. Of course I'm only thinking about the ones you can remove fairly easy and I know dealers don't care about those, but here is the thing. I'm trying to figure out what if they don't give me a good deal? After I remove all that stuff.....
    Any thoughts or advice will be really appreciated.
    You must like being in debt.

Ride one and then decide, I traded in my 15 F6B on a new 2019 trike and love it. I got the DCT model and while that takes some getting use to its awesome and I'm glad I got the auto. Going in debt is just a different frame of mind, my trike was 50k so it came with a lot of debt but it's only money and you cant take it with you and if you leave it behind people fight over it. I work hard and spend hard so I can enjoy my playtime.
    2019 Honda Goldwing Tour DCT / CSC trike

Quote Originally Posted by Wing'n it View Post
    Ride one and then decide, I traded in my 15 F6B on a new 2019 trike and love it. I got the DCT model and while that takes some getting use to its awesome and I'm glad I got the autoGoing in debt is just a different frame of mind, my trike was 50k so it came with a lot of debt. but it's only money and you cant take it with you and if you leave it behind people fight over it. I work hard and spend hard so I can enjoy my playtime.
    Amen Brother, my philosophy 100%

The guy who invented the first wheel was an idiot -
    the guy who invented the second one... he was the genius!

http://theringfinders.com/blog/Larry.Royal/

Ride one and then decide, I traded in my 15 F6B on a new 2019 trike and love it. I got the DCT model and while that takes some getting use to its awesome and I'm glad I got the auto. Going in debt is just a different frame of mind, my trike was 50k so it came with a lot of debt but it's only money and you cant take it with you and if you leave it behind people fight over it. I work hard and spend hard so I can enjoy my playtime.
    Or... one could buy without going into debt. Living within ones means is never a bad thing.

I have seen to many I know spend there whole lives worrying about "If I Have enough for the future" and died with a lot of mula only to then watch the family blood suckers come out of the woodwork to fight over the money they could have enjoyed while alive.Hard working middle class types like me would love to pay cash for a 30K ride but with good credit and low interest I have to go the payment route to get my toys.In a perfect world I would spend my last dime when I take my last gasp of air-LOL.r

Quote Originally Posted by jmdaniel View Post
    Or... one could buy without going into debt. Living within ones means is never a bad thing.
    Actually there are several instances where debt wins.

Let's say you are retired and to get that $50k trike, you have to withdraw from your IRA. Now you have an income tax liability that you would not have if you financed at, with today's rates, probably 5% or less.

Or you take the money from your after-tax account, which could mean selling stocks at a loss (not good), at a profit and now capital gains taxable, and lost opportunity for further growth.

Every single mutual fund or stock I have has grown over 15% just this year. And with good credit, most would be more than "living within their means" if they chose to finance, which I would.

Not everyone's circumstances are the same.
    2016 GL1800 F6B-D
    IBA Member since Y2K
    Leave the gun. Take the cannoli.

Quote Originally Posted by Jhox View Post
    Actually there are several instances where debt wins.

Let's say you are retired and to get that $50k trike, you have to withdraw from your IRA. Now you have an income tax liability that you would not have if you financed at, with today's rates, probably 5% or less.

Or you take the money from your after-tax account, which could mean selling stocks at a loss (not good), at a profit and now capital gains taxable, and lost opportunity for further growth.

Every single mutual fund or stock I have has grown over 15% just this year. And with good credit, most would be more than "living within their means" if they chose to finance, which I would.

Not everyone's circumstances are the same.
    Yeah, I'm aware of all the could haves/should haves/could dos... When I was in business school, and also working full time, I took out $15K in a student loan, put 100% of it in the stock market, and paid it off completely, with plenty left over, before the first payment was due. There was a bit of risk, but it was interest free money until I graduated, so I rolled the dice.

I realize everyone's circumstances are different, but the OP mentioned still owing for "a good 2 years" on the bike he owns now, and I'm pretty sure that is not due to participation in any of the scenarios you laid out. Some people don't mind always being in debt; I'm not one of them. When I first met my wife, she was in a lease vehicle. And yes, I know how that can be advantageous for some, but when I asked her why she did that, she said she just likes to get a new car every three years. I asked her if she likes being a modern day sharecropper, and one lease cycle later, she wised up and actually bought a car. With a loan, of course, but a loan that she paid off and then owned the car for another 5 years.

Anyway, I hope the OP gets what he wants, and by however he needs to; I was just proposing an alternative.

Quote Originally Posted by edgeman55 View Post
    I have seen to many I know spend there whole lives worrying about "If I Have enough for the future" and died with a lot of mula only to then watch the family blood suckers come out of the woodwork to fight over the money they could have enjoyed while alive.Hard working middle class types like me would love to pay cash for a 30K ride but with good credit and low interest I have to go the payment route to get my toys.In a perfect world I would spend my last dime when I take my last gasp of air-LOL.r
    My will is set up for most of my estate to go to animal rescue charities. My wife will be set up fine, but with no kids, and a very distant family, figuring out who gets what was easy.