Tour pack - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Tour pack

what paint did you use?did you clear coat?

The Tourpack was purchased from Jay Ford and it was painted by Jay to match the Black F6B. Jay does supply the steal plate and the metal risers that fit on the F8B and look great. Here are some additional pictures. I utilized the rear speaker connection already on the F6B which I pictures. f6bamp2.jpgf6brearspeak.jpgf6btour1.jpg845.jpg

Sorry about the some of the pictures just cant seem to turn them the right way. Sorry.
    Last edited by thunder217; 03-15-2020 at 03:07 PM.

[url=https://flic.kr/p/27C9GPx][img]https://live.staticflickr

Switch monkey what brand is your tour pack? Would you take internal mea?

Quote Originally Posted by Walcrow View Post
    I"ll say that it's the sleekest looking trunk I've seen. Looks like might not hold a helmet but helmets are for heads, not trunks. Maybe it's a wide angle lens that makes it look low and flat. Let us know how it works out.
    Yeah, but still for some certain situations need to put the helmet in the trunk. I'm using Wrapped Hard Truck for the last 1 year and from viking bags and I just love to go on long tour rides with the truck that has a loud mount of space even carry my helmet and still get much space to put other things as well.

I know this pack doesn't have speakers, but I just bought a XFMT Chopped Tour Pack Trunk w/black hardware and black luggage rack & king backrest off Amazon for $270.99. Seems to be of decent quality and comes with trunk liner and all black hardware.

I also purchased a US Stock Moto Onfire Tour Pack Plate (Advanblack) black laser cut inner base reinforcement plate for the pack to sit on. Was pricey at $59, but the plate fits exactly to the XFMT chopped pack base. I then used plate as a template to custom cut a galvanized piece of metal for the inside of the pack with snips from ACE Hardware for $9.99. This allows me to "sandwich" the bottom of the pack for added stability. I found all the necessary nuts, lock nuts and washers at ACE.

I couldn't find any M8 bolts that worked locally so I had to order Prime-Line 9186710 set sockets M8-1.25x80mm. The bolts came in a 5-pack and were $22.75 on Amazon.

Since I have a 2015 F6B Deluxe I have my backrest to use as a template for hole spacing. Will be fun trying to figure out where to drill the holes so it doesn't sit too far back or forward for my passenger.

Appreciate all the information on this thread. Anyone have any tips to help with deciding where to drill the holes?

Quote Originally Posted by Harrisiv View Post
    I know this pack doesn't have speakers, but I just bought a XFMT Chopped Tour Pack Trunk w/black hardware and black luggage rack & king backrest off Amazon for $270.99. Seems to be of decent quality and comes with trunk liner and all black hardware.

I also purchased a US Stock Moto Onfire Tour Pack Plate (Advanblack) black laser cut inner base reinforcement plate for the pack to sit on. Was pricey at $59, but the plate fits exactly to the XFMT chopped pack base. I then used plate as a template to custom cut a galvanized piece of metal for the inside of the pack with snips from ACE Hardware for $9.99. This allows me to "sandwich" the bottom of the pack for added stability. I found all the necessary nuts, lock nuts and washers at ACE.

I couldn't find any M8 bolts that worked locally so I had to order Prime-Line 9186710 set sockets M8-1.25x80mm. The bolts came in a 5-pack and were $22.75 on Amazon.

Since I have a 2015 F6B Deluxe I have my backrest to use as a template for hole spacing. Will be fun trying to figure out where to drill the holes so it doesn't sit too far back or forward for my passenger.

Appreciate all the information on this thread. Anyone have any tips to help with deciding where to drill the holes?
    Please post some pics of the finished product, it would be mightily appreciated.

20211207_075525.jpg20211207_075550.jpg20211207_075750.jpg20211207_075811.jpg20211207_075515.jpg
    I also bought some steel spacers from Ace Hardware and cut them to correct size with my Dremel tool to add a little more support for the set screws. I then wrapped the spacers in black electrical tape so they would not be so obvious (I know doesn't look great). All in all it is a very secure tour pack that my wife absolutely loves (even more than on my Valkyrie Interstate). Next time I would probably just buy a 2nd Advanblack plate for the inside of the pack to avoid having to cut the metal.
    Last edited by Harrisiv; 12-07-2021 at 11:16 AM. Reason: Added text