Driving lights
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Driving lights

Driving lights

What is is everyone using for the lower driving lights? My F6B has the openings for them, but not installed. Hondaline, Pathfinder, Show Chrome? I'm looking for suggestions.

Thanks.

In September of 2016 I bought the Value Accessories LED Rectangular Fog Light Kit #BP52-906 for $209.95
    Installation was not difficult and required a couple of hours.
    I am happy with the added visibility when riding at night. Mine are always on so that I am easier to see from the front even in daylight.
    Have not had any issues and am approaching 30,000 miles on them.
    I don't know if this kit is still available from them or not.
    Adding lights is a really good idea no matter where you buy them.

Good luck.IMG_0289.JPG

Quote Originally Posted by billsim View Post
    In September of 2016 I bought the Value Accessories LED Rectangular Fog Light Kit #BP52-906 for $209.95
    Installation was not difficult and required a couple of hours.
    I am happy with the added visibility when riding at night. Mine are always on so that I am easier to see from the front even in daylight.
    Have not had any issues and am approaching 30,000 miles on them.
    I don't know if this kit is still available from them or not.
    Adding lights is a really good idea no matter where you buy them.

Good luck.IMG_0289.JPG
    That's the Show Chrome kit and is available for a bit more money.
    Thanks.

I have the Hondaline ones and just recently put a yellow film over them so they look like yellow fog lights. I don't need to to see. I rather be seen and I think yellow will make me stick out a little more.
    Former owner of a 99 Valkyrie for 15 years.

I went with the Show Chrome Tridium fog lights -- if you choose to go that route you can get lampguards to protect the glass for about $13 or so. Also made by Show Chrome. The lampguards also help to fill in some of the inevitable gaps between the light and plastic housing. Very happy with the look -- small driving light on at all times unless you switch to full fog light.

In April of 2018 I installed a set of the Tridium fog/driving/turnsignal lights from Wingstuff. I thought they were a pain to install. I ride in the dark in deer country daily. I keep the right hand light aimed to the right slightly to help illuminate the deer eyes in the fields before they get into the road and they work pretty well. They don't have quite the long range reach I wish they had but they do help.
    I've put 16,000 miles on the bike since the install and have had no problems with them or anything else on the bike. Lots of rough roads, car washes and riding in the rain in that 16,000 miles too. https://wingstuff.com/products/37526...for-f6b-gl1800
    Last edited by Frye; 12-23-2019 at 08:57 PM.
    "Extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice.
    And... moderation in the pursuit of justice is no virtue.''
    -- Barry Goldwater, Acceptance Speech at the Republican Convention; 1964

Quote Originally Posted by Brasco View Post
    I went with the Show Chrome Tridium fog lights -- if you choose to go that route you can get lampguards to protect the glass for about $13 or so. Also made by Show Chrome. The lampguards also help to fill in some of the inevitable gaps between the light and plastic housing. Very happy with the look -- small driving light on at all times unless you switch to full fog light.
    Did not know those existed. Did you notice any reduction in nighttime light output with the lamp-guards?
    "Extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice.
    And... moderation in the pursuit of justice is no virtue.''
    -- Barry Goldwater, Acceptance Speech at the Republican Convention; 1964

Quote Originally Posted by Frye View Post
    Did not know those existed. Did you notice any reduction in nighttime light output with the lamp-guards?
    I do my best to keep night riding to a minimum so honestly can't say I notice any difference in light output with the guards (as long as you keep them clean). They attach via small velcro tabs so extremely easy to take on and off as the situation dictates. Will send you a PM with further info.

I installed the Electrical Connection low and high beam LED's and the EC LED turn signal kit a few weeks ago. The high beams......PITA.....everything else was not a problem. I called about 10 days ago to get the fog light kit and they had sold out and was told they are coming out with an upgraded kit in a few weeks. The EC fog light kit apparently could not be easier to install. Quite a bit simpler and easier than the SoCal Pathfinders. The light attaches to a steel plate that attaches to the low shelf of the cowl housing with 2 drilled holes and it's plug and play like the others. When they hit inventory, I'll be getting the EC fog light kit.

Lots of good information, Thanks. I'll do some looking into your suggestions.