Driving lights - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Driving lights

Quote Originally Posted by honda_dog View Post
    What is is everyone using for the lower driving lights? My F6B has the openings for them, but not installed. Hondaline, Pathfinder, Show Chrome? I'm looking for suggestions.

Thanks.
    Show Chrome's Tridium Light Kit.

Install
    On a scale of 1-5 with 5 being difficult, about a 2.5 for wiring.
    Knowledge of wire splicing and soldering beneficial. (Kit is an adaptation for F6B but was designed for full wing)
    Floats Like a Butterfly, Stings Like a "B"
    What does the B stand for? B-Courteous. B-Safe. B-Seen.....B-CNU on the road!

Quote Originally Posted by Brasco View Post
    I went with the Show Chrome Tridium fog lights -- if you choose to go that route you can get lampguards to protect the glass for about $13 or so. Also made by Show Chrome. The lampguards also help to fill in some of the inevitable gaps between the light and plastic housing. Very happy with the look -- small driving light on at all times unless you switch to full fog light.
    I installed the same kit and at first I had some larger spaces but managed to fit and re-fit, and re-fit the lower piece so that the fit is snug all around each light. It was a royal PIA to fit the lower cowel though. A bike lift would have been nice on this job.
    Floats Like a Butterfly, Stings Like a "B"
    What does the B stand for? B-Courteous. B-Safe. B-Seen.....B-CNU on the road!

SoCal lighting for the win!
    2016 F6B Deluxe with goodies.

I installed the Honda LED cowl lights and after 6 years no problems. Work as intended and plug and play.
    2013 F6B in black of course

Quote Originally Posted by DaWadd View Post
    I installed the Honda LED cowl lights and after 6 years no problems. Work as intended and plug and play.
    Same here, DaWadd.

When I bought my 2014 new, they had a deal going where you got $X of "free" accessories (but were supposed to pay the dealer to install them). I selected the Honda LEDs, tossed them in the saddle bag and installed them when I got home. Wasn't too bad, since they're OEM and fit easily.

I installed Electrical Connection lights in mine. Basic plug ins.

Have SoCals on my Wing, VERY good lights. Installing Electrical Connection's product on the F6, just to try a different setup, not because I see any shortfall with the SoCals.

Quote Originally Posted by F6Joe View Post
    Have SoCals on my Wing, VERY good lights. Installing Electrical Connection's product on the F6, just to try a different setup, not because I see any shortfall with the SoCals.
    Do you prefer one system over the other?
    2016 F6B Standard Matte Silver. Freedom Combat Slip-Ons, BaggerShield 11" - 19" Sport Shield, Kuryakyn Ergo II Highway Pegs, Ultimate King Seat w/Driver Backrest, Pathfinder Running/Turnsignal/Driving Lights, Beeline Moto Navigation, INNOVV K2 Camera, DHS Racing Shifter Linkage Upgrade, Show Chrome Handlebar Risers and Luggage Rack.

I installed the Honda OEM fog lights and am very satisfied with them. Additionally, I upgraded the headlights to PathFinder LEDs also so the light color matches and the combined brightness for DLRs is awesome.

I also have the Pathfinder fog and headlight. I just ordered the turn signals from pathfinder pkg. and will install soon. I like them for the running lights too.