WOW! Is this board dead or what?
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: WOW! Is this board dead or what?

WOW! Is this board dead or what?

Being retired for quite some time now, I frequent the board numerous times a day. When I first joined, there were new posts all the time. Now I see that there has been 1 post since Christmas Eve. I don't have as much experience with the "B" as most of you guys so I am always looking for more information, but it has been R E A L S L O W lately.
    I did go to the garage and looked at my "B" today, all snuggled up under the cover waiting for Spring.

Really slow the last few days as I am sure the holidays and family have kept most busy that post here.Overall the site has slowed down over this year as many of the regulars have sold there F6B's and moved on.With this bike having done it,s run and with the new Goldwing platform it has taken it's toll on the F6B rider.There are a ton of them for sale nation wide and not many being bought at bargain basement prices.I have thought about upgrading but I would have to give my 13 F6B with a ton of accs. away for nothing so I will ride her till she dies or I do.

I don’t get it, I’ve ridden the GL1800 several times and its a great two up bike. But it’s not an F6b. If you’re riding solo and want more performance, better handling and better looks, the F6b is where it’s at. Personally the new wing does nothing for me, hasn’t even crossed my mind to get one. I also agree there are a lot of F6b’s for sale as well as the aging GL1800 platform. These bikes are still way out ahead of every V-Twin ever made until recently when Indian launched the Challenger. But riding that bike is a different experience. I don’t post much on the forum because most questions have already been said. These bikes rarely break down and there are some aftermarket accessories but not a lot. I also think F6b riders wash the bike and just ride and ride and ride. No one has time for random posting online.

Admin - Chief poop scooper Phantom's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by edgeman55 View Post
    Really slow the last few days as I am sure the holidays and family have kept most busy that post here.Overall the site has slowed down over this year as many of the regulars have sold there F6B's and moved on.With this bike having done it,s run and with the new Goldwing platform it has taken it's toll on the F6B rider.There are a ton of them for sale nation wide and not many being bought at bargain basement prices.I have thought about upgrading but I would have to give my 13 F6B with a ton of accs. away for nothing so I will ride her till she dies or I do.
    It's winter and as always, many put up their bikes. Focus on the holidays and their families. I have not worked on nor ridden my bike since the beginning of November, she's in hibernation. Call it the Off-Season Blues.

The Honda F6b is a short production run Bike like the Honda Valkyrie, the Honda VTX and the Honda Rune. These bikes had more attention during their first few peak years then they do today. The F6B popularity reached its peak in 2015 yet Honda still had 2013 models on the floor in 2015, this great bike just never took off like Honda had expected. Were coming up on 5 years of a consistent decline, there are still many New F6B's available at dealerships and in Honda's warehouse. Soon Honda will start unloading their warehouses with aggressive discounts and I predict that you might see New F6B's sold at dealerships for $10,000.00. It was a transition bike for Honda to utilize the remaining parts from the old GL1800 Goldwing platform while it developed the New GL1800 platform and engine. When Honda unloaded the warehouse in 2009 of New 2004-2005 Runes ... these once $28,000 Runes could be purchased for $15,000.

Many motorcycle and automotive forums of discontinued models are also quiet/dead, it happens. Life happens. Many Vendors stopped producing accessories for the F6B years ago. The BIKEMP3 rear Rack comes to mind. Yes, over the years some have come, some have gone (you'll see that several early members have sold their bikes through our Classified section), some have unfortunately crashed and decided to not continue, some riders have reached an age where they can no longer ride this fat girl, some have moved on to the full Goldwings, Trikes, BMW's, Harleys, Indians or downsized to a smaller bike and some just didn't want to play within forum rules and took their ball and went home. Some have gone to other forums, violated their rules, created drama, made enemy's and have also worn out their welcome there too. I recently read on another Goldwing forum an exchange between Rocky and one of our former "Experts", it was comical and Rocky pummeled our former "Expert" into the ground. It reminded me of 2 little girls fighting in a 2nd grade playground, pulling each others hair while crying, biting, screaming and yelling over childish stupidity. You just have to shake your head out of disbelief.

There is a lot of valuable information on this forum from past years, many topics have been regurgitated several times, currently some of us choose to no longer entertain a oil, tire or battery debate with the so called "Experts". Or any debate for what its worth. Until the F6B has a resurgence , don't expect much to change. There is only so much that can be said-posted about a bike that rarely has any issues.

If memory serves me right,
    TaxFree was rear-ended (totaled) and never replaced F6B, HornBlower purchased a BMW1600, Steve0080 replaced his F6B with a Full Goldwing, Opas ride gave his F6B to his son and replaced it with a much smaller bike, Dale sold his F6B and purchased a top of the line DirtBike, Pete traded in his F6b for a full goldwing, Calvin sold his F6b and purchased a fancy Jeep, has been off-roading with his local Jeep neighbors etc etc etc and the list goes on.

Successful people build each other up. They motivate, inspire and push each other. Unsuccessful people just hate, blame and complain.

Quote Originally Posted by StoichSix View Post
    I don’t get it, I’ve ridden the GL1800 several times and its a great two up bike. But it’s not an F6b. If you’re riding solo and want more performance, better handling and better looks, the F6b is where it’s at. Personally the new wing does nothing for me, hasn’t even crossed my mind to get one. I also agree there are a lot of F6b’s for sale as well as the aging GL1800 platform. These bikes are still way out ahead of every V-Twin ever made until recently when Indian launched the Challenger. But riding that bike is a different experience. I don’t post much on the forum because most questions have already been said. These bikes rarely break down and there are some aftermarket accessories but not a lot. I also think F6b riders wash the bike and just ride and ride and ride. No one has time for random posting online.
    I agree with you on the F6B and a Full wing handle different. But totally the opposite of what you are saying. I have a 2013 F6B and a 2014 Full wing. the B is little lighter so maybe a little quicker stop light to stop light. But handling the wing is by far the best bike. I have ran both bikes with motorcycle and car tires. And through corners the full wing is just better. The B drags to easy. Maybe with a full Monte Traxxion the B might be better.

Sorry to say, but I might be giving mine up in the Spring also. I’ve had two accidents now and my skills, and want, have both diminished. It’s so dangerous out there I can’t seem to enjoy it anymore. I don’t feel confident. I’ll make firm decision around March or April but am leaning in selling and no more riding. I don’t have any other hobbies and I really loved riding, but it’s not the same. If I sell, I will post here and someone will get a great deal. I bought it used with a lot of add ones already, M——-d shield included. I’m not going to wheel and deal, I’ll just get a lot less than it’s worth to not haggle. Stay tuned if you might be interested. Just so you can stew on it, it’s a 2016 white, just over 10,000 miles
    “Gibraltar” 2016 white deluxe has been sold.

Admin - Chief poop scooper Phantom's Avatar
    six2go...
    I just visited a couple of other Honda Goldwing websites and you can see for yourself, how active they are. look at attachments.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Successful people build each other up. They motivate, inspire and push each other. Unsuccessful people just hate, blame and complain.

Quote Originally Posted by Phantom View Post
    six2go...
    I just visited a couple of other Honda Goldwing websites and you can see for yourself, how active they are. look at attachments.
    Jeez, we're like Macy's on Black Friday by comparison. I understand about the off season and the fact that our bikes don't need much in repairs. Also, the customization seems to be mostly lighting. As a VRCC member from day 1, I just was accustomed to discussions about chrome goodies and other things. I get it though.

I still check in almost every day just to see whats going on, to bad alot of the old threads were lost. There was a wealth of information on them as far as maintinance and adding aftermarket products.

Quote Originally Posted by Phantom View Post
    It's winter and as always, many put up their bikes. Focus on the holidays and their families. I have not worked on nor ridden my bike since the beginning of November, she's in hibernation. Call it the Off-Season Blues.

The Honda F6b is a short production run Bike like the Honda Valkyrie, the Honda VTX and the Honda Rune. These bikes had more attention during their first few peak years then they do today. The F6B popularity reached its peak in 2015 yet Honda still had 2013 models on the floor in 2015, this great bike just never took off like Honda had expected. Were coming up on 5 years of a consistent decline, there are still many New F6B's available at dealerships and in Honda's warehouse. Soon Honda will start unloading their warehouses with aggressive discounts and I predict that you might see New F6B's sold at dealerships for $10,000.00. It was a transition bike for Honda to utilize the remaining parts from the old GL1800 Goldwing platform while it developed the New GL1800 platform and engine. When Honda unloaded the warehouse in 2009 of New 2004-2005 Runes ... these once $28,000 Runes could be purchased for $15,000.

Many motorcycle and automotive forums of discontinued models are also quiet/dead, it happens. Life happens. Many Vendors stopped producing accessories for the F6B years ago. The BIKEMP3 rear Rack comes to mind. Yes, over the years some have come, some have gone (you'll see that several early members have sold their bikes through our Classified section), some have unfortunately crashed and decided to not continue, some riders have reached an age where they can no longer ride this fat girl, some have moved on to the full Goldwings, Trikes, BMW's, Harleys, Indians or downsized to a smaller bike and some just didn't want to play within forum rules and took their ball and went home. Some have gone to other forums, violated their rules, created drama, made enemy's and have also worn out their welcome there too. I recently read on another Goldwing forum an exchange between Rocky and one of our former "Experts", it was comical. It reminded me of 2 little girls fighting in a 2nd grade playground, pulling each others hair while crying, biting, screaming and yelling over childish stupidity. You just have to shake your head out of disbelief.

There is a lot of valuable information on this forum from past years, many topics have been regurgitated several times, currently some of us choose to no longer entertain a oil, tire or battery debate with the so called "Experts". Or any debate for what its worth. Until the F6B has a resurgence , don't expect much to change. There is only so much that can be said-posted about a bike that rarely has any issues.

If memory serves me right,
    TaxFree was rear-ended (totaled) and never replaced F6B, HornBlower purchased a BMW1600, Steve0080 replaced his F6B with a Full Goldwing, Opas ride gave his F6B to his son and replaced it with a much smaller bike, Dale sold his F6B and purchased a top of the line DirtBike, Pete traded in his F6b for a full goldwing, Calvin sold his F6b and purchased a fancy Jeep, has been off-roading with his local Jeep neighbors etc etc etc and the list goes on.
    You hit the nail on the head Tony. I have seen the same thing on my Calif VTX forum http://www.californiavtxriders.com/p...284968ad104355 it has slowed way down, but the info and technical data is there and I get hits every day from guys just looking for VTX info.
    I suspect there are a few F6B owners who only want technical info and come here only to look stuff up. I read every post every day...be it one or a dozen.
    I am always available to help anyone that may have questions on motorcycles in general and specifically the VTX1800, all years of the Rune and the F6B.

Good health to all and may you all have a Happy New Year.

The guy who invented the first wheel was an idiot -
    the guy who invented the second one... he was the genius!

http://theringfinders.com/blog/Larry.Royal/