WOW! Is this board dead or what? - Page 5
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: WOW! Is this board dead or what?

Naming parts manufacturers tends to be problematic on this sight.

Quote Originally Posted by Switchmonkey View Post
    There was a cool thing on the m109r forum I used be on. They had a sort of competition that kept guys busy on their bikes.

One guy started way back...named an item and the first one to take a photo of their bike in front of that item claimed the next item and so on.

Sure, it was always the same handful of folks posting, but it kept us coming back to see what was up.
    You mean like someone would say “strip club” and first one to post a picture of “Brittany” sitting on your bike would win?

Quote Originally Posted by Cali261 View Post
    You mean like someone would say “strip club” and first one to post a picture of “Brittany” sitting on your bike would win?

The VTXOA calls it an "20XX Unofficial Scavenger Hunt"

Here is a re-post of the rules...

A mark/tag is named and the first person to take a photo of their bike with that particular category (AND POST IT ON THE FORUM) gets to name the next mark/tag and it continues.
    No old photos allowed. You must ride to the mark after it has been named and your bike needs to be in the picture. Obviously, you cannot claim your own mark.

Try to make the target something accessible to most riders, so not too obscure.

If a mark is unclaimed for a lengthy amount of time, the last finder can name a new category to keep things moving along. However, I am not going to stipulate any particular amount of time. We're a casual group.

And that's it. Get out and ride! And post pics to encourage others to do the same.
    2016 F6B Standard Matte Silver. Freedom Combat Slip-Ons, BaggerShield 11" - 19" Sport Shield, Kuryakyn Ergo II Highway Pegs, Ultimate King Seat w/Driver Backrest, Pathfinder Running/Turnsignal/Driving Lights, Beeline Moto Navigation, INNOVV K2 Camera, DHS Racing Shifter Linkage Upgrade, Show Chrome Handlebar Risers and Luggage Rack.

Sounds fun. Now, just around 3 more months of snow, here, then I can join the fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Mcrydernut View Post
    I am guilty of lurking and not posting or commenting. This site has provided me with a lot of good information without feeling the need to comment, in fact most times the questions I have are already asked and answered. Thanks to everyone who posts on a regular basis and especially those who answer technical questions.
    I second this. Have loved this site since I joined.

The new Wing was not directed at old Wing riders. It was an attempt to bring in new blood. I have ridden one and it IS a very smooth ride. The new tech is very nice. I will eventually switch over, but not for a year or two.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Honda 2007 Shadow
    Honda 2006 VTX
    Honda 2013 F6B

Quote Originally Posted by Sorcerer View Post
    Naming parts manufacturers tends to be problematic on this sight.
    Especially if it starts with a M and ends with a D.

For a Forum that is suppose to be near dead, there are currently 11,615 Viewers on line, with 208 of those viewing the "Dark Side"! Those numbers would indicate we are alive and well! With actual posts down, there's still great interest in "content"!
    Last edited by bob109; 01-14-2020 at 02:42 AM.

When I made the original post in this thread, I didn't consider "views" as being board activity as most others seem to. I was referring to new posts and threads being added to. There doesn't seem to be much "back and forth" chit-chat so to speak. Not that it's a bad thing, just different than another forum I frequent where there is discussion about motorcycles, guns, politics, plumbing repairs, trips, and many other subjects all on one board, where here we have many sub - boards that separate things which made the "General Board" seem slow to me by comparison. No biggie, just making an observation. Carry on guys.

Quote Originally Posted by six2go View Post
    When I made the original post in this thread, I didn't consider "views" as being board activity as most others seem to. I was referring to new posts and threads being added to. There doesn't seem to be much "back and forth" chit-chat so to speak. Not that it's a bad thing, just different than another forum I frequent where there is discussion about motorcycles, guns, politics, plumbing repairs, trips, and many other subjects all on one board, where here we have many sub - boards that separate things which made the "General Board" seem slow to me by comparison. No biggie, just making an observation. Carry on guys.
    Some people like to look but not touch.