WOW! Is this board dead or what?

Thread: WOW! Is this board dead or what?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    There was a cool thing on the m109r forum I used be on. They had a sort of competition that kept guys busy on their bikes.

One guy started way back...named an item and the first one to take a photo of their bike in front of that item claimed the next item and so on.

Sure, it was always the same handful of folks posting, but it kept us coming back to see what was up.
    2016 F6B Matte Grey
    2016 XDiavel (Sadly...gone)
    2014 M109r (FHD Classic) (Sadly...gone)
    2014 VRSCF (Gone)
    2006 VTX 1300C (Gone)

"I find as I get older that I have less and less to say about more and more. I thought I was mellowing as I got older, turns out I just don’t give a sh1t.”

Quote Originally Posted by Switchmonkey View Post
    There was a cool thing on the m109r forum I used be on. They had a sort of competition that kept guys busy on their bikes.

One guy started way back...named an item and the first one to take a photo of their bike in front of that item claimed the next item and so on.

Sure, it was always the same handful of folks posting, but it kept us coming back to see what was up.
    You mean like someone would say “strip club” and first one to post a picture of “Brittany” sitting on your bike would win?

Quote Originally Posted by Cali261 View Post
    You mean like someone would say “strip club” and first one to post a picture of “Brittany” sitting on your bike would win?

The VTXOA calls it an "20XX Unofficial Scavenger Hunt"

Here is a re-post of the rules...

A mark/tag is named and the first person to take a photo of their bike with that particular category (AND POST IT ON THE FORUM) gets to name the next mark/tag and it continues.
    No old photos allowed. You must ride to the mark after it has been named and your bike needs to be in the picture. Obviously, you cannot claim your own mark.

Try to make the target something accessible to most riders, so not too obscure.

If a mark is unclaimed for a lengthy amount of time, the last finder can name a new category to keep things moving along. However, I am not going to stipulate any particular amount of time. We're a casual group.

And that's it. Get out and ride! And post pics to encourage others to do the same.
    2016 F6B Standard Matte Silver. Freedom Combat Slip-Ons, BaggerShield 11" - 19" Sport Shield, Kuryakyn Ergo II Highway Pegs, Ultimate King Seat w/Driver Backrest, Pathfinder Running/Turnsignal/Driving Lights, Beeline Moto Navigation, INNOVV K2 Camera, DHS Racing Shifter Linkage Upgrade, Show Chrome Handlebar Risers and Luggage Rack.

Sounds fun. Now, just around 3 more months of snow, here, then I can join the fun.