Quote Originally Posted by Phantom View Post
It's winter and as always, many put up their bikes. Focus on the holidays and their families. I have not worked on nor ridden my bike since the beginning of November, she's in hibernation. Call it the Off-Season Blues.

The Honda F6b is a short production run Bike like the Honda Valkyrie, the Honda VTX and the Honda Rune. These bikes had more attention during their first few peak years then they do today. The F6B popularity reached its peak in 2015 yet Honda still had 2013 models on the floor in 2015, this great bike just never took off like Honda had expected. Were coming up on 5 years of a consistent decline, there are still many New F6B's available at dealerships and in Honda's warehouse. Soon Honda will start unloading their warehouses with aggressive discounts and I predict that you might see New F6B's sold at dealerships for $10,000.00. It was a transition bike for Honda to utilize the remaining parts from the old GL1800 Goldwing platform while it developed the New GL1800 platform and engine. When Honda unloaded the warehouse in 2009 of New 2004-2005 Runes ... these once $28,000 Runes could be purchased for $15,000.

Many motorcycle and automotive forums of discontinued models are also quiet/dead, it happens. Life happens. Many Vendors stopped producing accessories for the F6B years ago. The BIKEMP3 rear Rack comes to mind. Yes, over the years some have come, some have gone (you'll see that several early members have sold their bikes through our Classified section), some have unfortunately crashed and decided to not continue, some riders have reached an age where they can no longer ride this fat girl, some have moved on to the full Goldwings, Trikes, BMW's, Harleys, Indians or downsized to a smaller bike and some just didn't want to play within forum rules and took their ball and went home. Some have gone to other forums, violated their rules, created drama, made enemy's and have also worn out their welcome there too. I recently read on another Goldwing forum an exchange between Rocky and one of our former "Experts", it was comical. It reminded me of 2 little girls fighting in a 2nd grade playground, pulling each others hair while crying, biting, screaming and yelling over childish stupidity. You just have to shake your head out of disbelief.

There is a lot of valuable information on this forum from past years, many topics have been regurgitated several times, currently some of us choose to no longer entertain a oil, tire or battery debate with the so called "Experts". Or any debate for what its worth. Until the F6B has a resurgence , don't expect much to change. There is only so much that can be said-posted about a bike that rarely has any issues.

If memory serves me right,
TaxFree was rear-ended (totaled) and never replaced F6B, HornBlower purchased a BMW1600, Steve0080 replaced his F6B with a Full Goldwing, Opas ride gave his F6B to his son and replaced it with a much smaller bike, Dale sold his F6B and purchased a top of the line DirtBike, Pete traded in his F6b for a full goldwing, Calvin sold his F6b and purchased a fancy Jeep, has been off-roading with his local Jeep neighbors etc etc etc and the list goes on.
You hit the nail on the head Tony. I have seen the same thing on my Calif VTX forum http://www.californiavtxriders.com/p...284968ad104355 it has slowed way down, but the info and technical data is there and I get hits every day from guys just looking for VTX info.
I suspect there are a few F6B owners who only want technical info and come here only to look stuff up. I read every post every day...be it one or a dozen.
I am always available to help anyone that may have questions on motorcycles in general and specifically the VTX1800, all years of the Rune and the F6B.

Good health to all and may you all have a Happy New Year.