WOW! Is this board dead or what? - Page 4
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: WOW! Is this board dead or what?

I used to check the forum multiple times a day. With the current decline, my visits have also waned. I am mostly a lurker though.

This forum was/is great for people who recently purchased a B. Lots of info and dos n don’ts but as far as just bsing, not so much. There were a few guys on here that I no longer see who made this board IMO. Not a fan of threads or posts being deleted at someone’s whim but it’s not my website.

lack of interest ,lack of money, lack of time, age related health problems……..one friend recently sold his bmw k1600 then purchased ducati diavel ,went to the doctor ,found out he has a brain tumor and a lung tumor ,another friend rode off a cliff in Simi Valley ,mangled both shoulders and will never ride again….my close friend got into an accident in death valley which resulted in a fatality …….vietnam vet who was riding with us in the back of the back of the pack was not paying attention and crashed into a road sighn another fatality……..the list goes on……these I mention have occurred since I bought my f6b in 2014…….I got out of the hospital two days ago after having surgery on my left carotid artery…….my right carotid has been been completely destroyed………I intend to ride as long as the powers that be will allow it……thank god for the open road……stick together…..turn to the light as best you can…….if you love somebody ………….tell 'em…...

1100 views in 8 days! I would NOT call this board dead.

I am new to this forum only a few posts so far. I bought my F6b about 3 months ago. My previous bike (need to sell it) is a 2002 Shadow Aero. Loved that bike. But today i tried to ride it for the first time since i bought the f6B, and i realized how a F6B is meant for me. My guess is in next 2-3 years i will buy a used or leftover 2019 Gold Wing DCT. I want cruise control, ABS, Nav etc. I plan to put a minimum of 15-20k on this Goldwing first unless i give in early.

Quote Originally Posted by BIGLRY View Post
    You hit the nail on the head Tony. I have seen the same thing on my Calif VTX forum http://www.californiavtxriders.com/p...284968ad104355 it has slowed way down, but the info and technical data is there and I get hits every day from guys just looking for VTX info.
    I suspect there are a few F6B owners who only want technical info and come here only to look stuff up. I read every post every day...be it one or a dozen.
    I am always available to help anyone that may have questions on motorcycles in general and specifically the VTX1800, all years of the Rune and the F6B.

Good health to all and may you all have a Happy New Year.
    You're right Larry, but I'm still here.

Haven't been riding much this year, been busy building a new house. Too tired at the end of the day to even turn the computer on .....

2020 will be a good riding year for the wife and I.
    Last edited by Navvet; 01-15-2020 at 05:01 PM.

2013 F6B
    2016 Spyder F3 Ltd

I hope this forum continues to thrive. I have gotten lots of information and more importantly inspiration from the posters on this site. With my total lack of mechanical skills there is not much info I can add to the contributors of this site. I do check in, read and learn and I thank you all. These are the ideas that I put to use!1.jpg2.jpg3.jpg

I am quilty of not visiting as often as I used to but when time allows I stop in.Figured I'd post to have some action..and say that I think this is probably one of the best forums around.For information,humor and attitude feels like I kinda know a lot of the members.
    Still love my F6,even though starting to have thoughts about the new gold wing -mainly for the walking forward and reverse features. Not in love with figuring out how to ride an automatic though - we'll see.
    Hate to admit it but this body is having trouble with the weight of my favorite girl but I have no plans to sell or trade her even if I get the new one.Let's keep it going - like my bike many great memories here,many great miles on my F6B. And she is f$#@ing GORGEOUS !

I am guilty of lurking and not posting or commenting. This site has provided me with a lot of good information without feeling the need to comment, in fact most times the questions I have are already asked and answered. Thanks to everyone who posts on a regular basis and especially those who answer technical questions.

There was a cool thing on the m109r forum I used be on. They had a sort of competition that kept guys busy on their bikes.

One guy started way back...named an item and the first one to take a photo of their bike in front of that item claimed the next item and so on.

Sure, it was always the same handful of folks posting, but it kept us coming back to see what was up.
    2016 F6B Matte Grey
    2016 XDiavel (Sadly...gone)
    2014 M109r (FHD Classic) (Sadly...gone)
    2014 VRSCF (Gone)
    2006 VTX 1300C (Gone)

"I find as I get older that I have less and less to say about more and more. I thought I was mellowing as I got older, turns out I just don’t give a sh1t.”