WOW! Is this board dead or what? - Page 2
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: WOW! Is this board dead or what?

Its been a while,, Happy New Year!!
    RIDE FREE/RIDE HARD/RIDE OFTEN

Hi all, I check in daily, sometimes several times. This site is a little escape for me and is what I look forward to with my first cup of coffee in the morning. I get it that our numbers are diminishing, but I come here first before I go to the news and get hit with the usual garbage news about Boom-Boom Ditty or someone I don’t know or care about getting booked or some such craziness. I don’t have the technical knowledge to share, but I appreciate those that do. In a perfect world, I would have a beer with each and everyone of you.

Ride safe

Agree with all, the numbers are falling, as owners trade, or sell their F6B's. Makes the number of new posts drop. Not to worry, still a boatload of info and technical advice on this forum. It's just another good reason for all of us to get together at next years rally. I rarely ride with more than 1 or 2 other bikes, but the 3 rally's I have attended, were all great fun! All the riders seemed like good riders, and I didn't have to worry about the guys I didn't know. Great bikes, they are. change the oil, tires and air filter, and they just keep going!

Quote Originally Posted by six2go View Post
    Being retired for quite some time now, I frequent the board numerous times a day. When I first joined, there were new posts all the time. Now I see that there has been 1 post since Christmas Eve. I don't have as much experience with the "B" as most of you guys so I am always looking for more information, but it has been R E A L S L O W lately.
    I did go to the garage and looked at my "B" today, all snuggled up under the cover waiting for Spring.
    I had mine out on Thursday, my son rode my 1983 GS1100E. It was still damp out, but we had a nice ride. I did install a Mustang seat and Show Chrome rear rack, last week. I've been on the forum, but I always forget to take ride pics to post (too busy riding, I guess).

you can have my f6b when you tear it out of my cold dead hand………purchasing this motorcycle was one of the smartest moves I've ever made…..200 to 700 mile day rides all the time….the canyons ,the desert, the mountains the coast…….how men can live without a motorcycle like this is beyond me……..big wheel spin by the hand of god….little wheel spin by the fire and rod ……every time that wheel spin round ……bound to cover just a little more ground

Quote Originally Posted by red dog View Post
    you can have my f6b when you tear it out of my cold dead hand………purchasing this motorcycle was one of the smartest moves I've ever made…..200 to 700 mile day rides all the time….the canyons ,the desert, the mountains the coast…….how men can live without a motorcycle like this is beyond me……..big wheel spin by the hand of god….little wheel spin by the fire and rod ……every time that wheel spin round ……bound to cover just a little more ground
    I agree, I've only had mine a few weeks with little riding time, but I think it's one of the best motorcycle purchases I've ever made.

I agree that it's been a tad slow recently, and I agree that it is related in some ways to the product lifecycle of our bikes. Only produced for a few years, and now a new model with nearly all new parts.

That said, though, our forum here has always been a bit quieter than some others I visit related to other toys I have/had. Back when I had my Road Glide, the Harley touring forums were full of all sorts of "how do I fix X?" or "help me troubleshoot Y" discussions. Same goes for my my other bike that shares the garage with my F6b (a BMW R bike), my 1 ton diesel truck, or my 12 year old twin turbo BMW car. No shortage of "DIY Repair of" threads for various common problems or ways to resolve issues. In some ways, the amount of traffic here is affected by the very, very high level of reliability in our bikes. There's just not as much to fuss and stress over. Of course, that means we have more time to actually ride.

Just my 2 cents. Happy New Years to all.

Quote Originally Posted by rdbonds View Post
    I agree that it's been a tad slow recently, and I agree that it is related in some ways to the product lifecycle of our bikes. Only produced for a few years, and now a new model with nearly all new parts.

That said, though, our forum here has always been a bit quieter than some others I visit related to other toys I have/had. Back when I had my Road Glide, the Harley touring forums were full of all sorts of "how do I fix X?" or "help me troubleshoot Y" discussions. Same goes for my my other bike that shares the garage with my F6b (a BMW R bike), my 1 ton diesel truck, or my 12 year old twin turbo BMW car. No shortage of "DIY Repair of" threads for various common problems or ways to resolve issues. In some ways, the amount of traffic here is affected by the very, very high level of reliability in our bikes. There's just not as much to fuss and stress over. Of course, that means we have more time to actually ride.

Yep, own a Honda and you ride more than any others!

The guy who invented the first wheel was an idiot -
    the guy who invented the second one... he was the genius!

http://theringfinders.com/blog/Larry.Royal/

Admin - Chief poop scooper Phantom's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rdbonds View Post

Quote Originally Posted by BIGLRY View Post
    Yep, own a Honda and you ride more than any others!
    Yes indeed,

Well said Gentlemen...... the forum being quiet..... BLAME Honda for building such a reliable machine

Successful people build each other up. They motivate, inspire and push each other. Unsuccessful people just hate, blame and complain.

Yep. I spend more time riding than writing