WOW! Is this board dead or what? - Page 3
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: WOW! Is this board dead or what?

Must be we just don't have many "authors" among us. For instance, those of you who are also or former VRCC members are aware of Bruce Wood(aka DDT) who has around 700,000 miles on his '99 Valkyrie. No one rides more than he does, but he also posts almost every evening about his adventures of the day when he's on a trip. He writes eloquently and it makes for some very good reading if you are like me and more of a "home body" most of the time except for a couple of weeks a year. My original post wasn't necessarily intended to talk about problems with our bikes, but to inspire more people to share what is going on in their life with the F6B.

Quote Originally Posted by six2go View Post
    Must be we just don't have many "authors" among us. For instance, those of you who are also or former VRCC members are aware of Bruce Wood(aka DDT) who has around 700,000 miles on his '99 Valkyrie. No one rides more than he does, but he also posts almost every evening about his adventures of the day when he's on a trip. He writes eloquently and it makes for some very good reading if you are like me and more of a "home body" most of the time except for a couple of weeks a year. My original post wasn't necessarily intended to talk about problems with our bikes, but to inspire more people to share what is going on in their life with the F6B.
    Perhaps a New Year's resolution for everyone so inclined . . . even simple posts with pics of day trips and interesting sights along the way are fun to see (especially when it's of far flung areas we don't get a chance to visit ourselves). This could help inject some new life into the site. On that note, I'm probably like a lot of others on here. I have posted so few pics that I always need to go back and try and figure out how to do it again. Need to sort that out so it becomes less hassle. Less hassle should equal more posts.

Just to add a new post: Not a new picture but one I like and setting next to my friends expensive HD. IMG_5584.JPG

Quote Originally Posted by 2wheelsforme View Post
    Just to add a new post: Not a new picture but one I like and setting next to my friends expensive HD. IMG_5584.JPG
    Here is another with my F6B next to my expensive HD.
    SE Ohio 2019-27 -1.jpg

Still here! Always come and scan, don't post much, I got out my own this weekend. 40 Hours a week on the work bike.. well, kinda makes the car look interesting!

Work bike.jpg

Bakers HIll.jpg

shrunken head and Mardi Gras beads….hangin on a rearview mirror that bleeds….keepin her eye on the open road….no tellin' where that son-abitch goes…..got her doors locked doin' 75 …..don't care to be caught now dead or alive…..seen enough to kill anyones' soul …..keepin ' her eyes on the open road …..keepin'her eyes on the open road…..the open road where the hopeless come ……to see if hope still runs……one by one they bring their broke down loads…..and leave 'em where the hobos dreams are stowed…..out on the open road …..out on the open road……midnight fallen' like a bag of bones…….weighted down now ……the rest with stones…..bouncin' off a river the moon made steel……crackin'off the chrome of steering wheel……any thing back there is burned and dead…..any love they made …..any words they said…..nothing left to do now…..but drop it and roll…….into the lights of the open road…the open road where the hopeless come ….to see if hope still runs …..one by one they bring their broke down loads ….and leave em' where the hobos dreams are stowed……out on the open road…..out on the open road…………………John Hiatt ………the open road

Winter and Holidays!!!!
    2016 F6B Deluxe
    Jupiter Orange Metallic

I just checked the VRCC board and it's way more active than this one. But they post lots of non-Valkyrie stuff, and the bikes are getting old and need more maintenance.

Quote Originally Posted by F6Dave View Post
    I just checked the VRCC board and it's way more active than this one. But they post lots of non-Valkyrie stuff, and the bikes are getting old and need more maintenance.
    That's true, The VRCC only has 3 boards. The General Board is for everything we have here except for the "Garage" and items for sale so it takes in a lot of topics. Then they have the Tech Board which is like our Garage, and then the Classifieds. I think the busiest topics on the General Board are Guns and politics. Not sayin' one layout is better than the other, they're just different.

Likely my last post for this decade! Happy New Year, and many great miles of safe riding to all...
    (It’s going to be one hell of a hangover after tonight’s celebrations!)

Last link this year....

https://www.zabikers.co.za/2019/09/1...tour-de-force/