Got the chance to test ride two bikes today at a local used bike dealer. They have a huge inventory of low mileage, clean bikes. Mostly big touring bikes and lots of HDs.

The first was a MX21 Moto Guzzi. I have been researching them and thought it might be a replacement for my 6. Didn't ride it far and knew it was not for me. Very heavy coming off the kickstand. Lots of vibration in low RPMs and was not a fan of the 21 inch tire up front. Very good looking bike but after years on a full Wing and the 6 I could not see myself riding the MX21 very often.

They also had a used 18 Wing, 4K I think on the clock. Very nice ride. I wasn't sure I would like the reduced size but I did. Handled great and felt great flicking it back and forth. Same smooth power as the six with what seemed to be a smoother trans. Shifting was very easy with less klunk than my six.

Ridding the two different styles of bikes in the same afternoon made me realize why I like the Wings so much. Guess I won't be looking at the MX21 anymore. Now I have to decide if I go for a new Wing or Rebuild the front end on my 6 and keep on riding it. It really is a fantastic bike and I am very happy with it.

image.jpeg