Oil and what I've learned
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Oil and what I've learned

Oil and what I've learned

FROM MULTIPLE FORUMS: (10-30 is perfect. 10-40 is OK but not really needed as this is not a HD. Use Honda oil and not worry. Honda oil is just some one elses oil with Honda on the label. Car oil is OK and even good if Mobile one or Rotellia. You must use motorcycle specific oil only. Syn oil is worth the high cost specially if you want to go long periods without changing. Syn can cause detrimental things to happen to your clutch. Amsoil is the best. Amsoil will make your clutch slip and your engine leak. Change oil at 3K, change oil at 5K, change when the book says at 8K. If using syn you can go even longer. Always change the crush washer, no need to ever change the crush washer.) Not interested to hear what you do and how it has always worked just fine because no one cares. But if you want to add more tidbits of info even conflicting ones go ahead. Yep!
    69105323_10108842845817992_3682860024536760320_n.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by 2wheelsforme View Post
    FROM MULTIPLE FORUMS: (10-30 is perfect. 10-40 is OK but not really needed as this is not a HD. Use Honda oil and not worry. Honda oil is just some one elses oil with Honda on the label. Car oil is OK and even good if Mobile one or Rotellia. You must use motorcycle specific oil only. Syn oil is worth the high cost specially if you want to go long periods without changing. Syn can cause detrimental things to happen to your clutch. Amsoil is the best. Amsoil will make your clutch slip and your engine leak. Change oil at 3K, change oil at 5K, change when the book says at 8K. If using syn you can go even longer. Always change the crush washer, no need to ever change the crush washer.) Not interested to hear what you do and how it has always worked just fine because no one cares. But if you want to add more tidbits of info even conflicting ones go ahead. Yep!
    I try to do all of this with most of these products at least 3 times a year.

And remember, since you're already working on the bike and have all the plastic off for the oil change, go ahead and pop in that new air cleaner. Honda OEM only, others won't fit. Then switch to the better fitting and longer life K&N and oil it well. But don't oil it. Too much oiling restricts flow. No oil lets all the debris straight through.

Torq Loopz. 38.732 psi in front tire, unless you have Traxxion then it’s 35.69. Ford F-150 tire on rear with Dnya beads and nitrogen. MONEY.

Break in by gently rolling on and keeping RPM below 3500; ride it like you stole it.

Quote Originally Posted by dksmith View Post
    Break in by gently rolling on and keeping RPM below 3500; ride it like you stole it.
    Perfect: Yes I have read both those suggestions. LOL

All I can say to all of it is LOL

Always warm up a cold engine before riding...Turn key, start cold engine and ride, it is EFI no problems.

The guy who invented the first wheel was an idiot -
    the guy who invented the second one... he was the genius!

http://theringfinders.com/blog/Larry.Royal/

Always use 1st gear from standing start.
    Always use 2nd gear from a standing start since 1st is too short.

Quote Originally Posted by 2wheelsforme View Post
    I have just learned many things I may or may not have already known....