Rear LED setup

Thread: Rear LED setup

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I bought a setup off ebay. plug and play. outers stay lighted{yellow}. once you hit the brake the whole bar lights red

Quote Originally Posted by Nomibagger View Post
    I bought a setup off ebay. plug and play. outers stay lighted{yellow}. once you hit the brake the whole bar lights red
    Can you share details about what you bought?

It works!!

Wired/taped up the prototype, and it works brilliantly!

One bulb, red running light, bright brake light, and bright amber turn flashers.

I'll break out the solder kit, get the harness done tonight and maybe get a video on YouTube...

Edit: So, I've got it built, but the running lights are a bit dim, and flicker a bit. It's usable, but I'm going to put a 75 ohm resistor in. That will replace the 150 ohm that's in now. I'm hoping with. A weaker resistor, I'll get a bit brighter running light (to match the socal rear bulbs I put in) and eliminate the flicker while on the low power line.....

Dunno. We'll see....
    Last edited by SapperWing; 01-16-2020 at 11:17 PM.

So - just a real quick video.
    Shows a few things -
    #1 - The outside lights now have running light capability.
    #2 - The outside lights have "switchback" turn capability.
    #3 - The outside lights have brake light capability (while maintaining the turn signal).

#4 - The outside lights have a bit of flicker while used as running lights. (They also weren't fully seated in the housing. The fit of the socket is a bit loose....)
    #5 - I'll have to install an LED flasher relay (that came with my SoCal foglight \ turn signal setup that I'm doing tomorrow

I'm hoping the 75 ohm resistor brightens up the outside light and gives enough power in the running light mode in order to minimize \ eliminate flashing.

#6 - I'm no video expert...