^Top of the World Highway a F6B...Good Idea? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ^Top of the World Highway a F6B...Good Idea?

I have friends who ride BMW GS scoots and have done that route numerous times. I hear it's a GREAT ride! IF I was going to do that route, I'd be renting a BMW GS. Ground clearance and wheel/tire setup notwithstanding... at just about 500 lbs, that's about 300 lbs of bike I wouldn't have to lift up if (when?) the scoot goes down on less than optimal gravel conditions.

140 to 170 teenagers for 30 years...I surprised that you do not have South American and Europe also covered as therapy tripping!

I went through Idaho last summer on my way back from southern Calif. I had to do it! I stopped at a little restaurant and ordered a baked potato. This thing was the size of a watermelon, loaded with cheese, sour cream and bacon! I think it was like three bucks and made three meals out of it!

I looked at that TOTW road on street view and can not understand why anyone would want to go ride it. So much better around the lower Rockies.

Rode Wisconsin to Alaske a couple of years ago. The worst roads are in NE Canada and SW Alaska. They aren't bad mostly. Just every now and again you find a spot or a good long stretch that is all tore up with pot holes from the winter. They'll have some of them fixed before you turn around and come back. They are hard to spot sometimes and that make them dangerous. I only had a hard time with them when I was really tired and thinking slow. My lesson there was stop when your tired and out in the sticks. A mile of big potholes can jump up at any time from right in the middle of a smooth road. The highway at the top of the world was packed but dusty gravel and fairly smooth. Not bad on the F6B. I had more trouble with colonel klink and his circus of exitable germans while they were on their way to cape horn than I did the highway.

Top of the world highway was gorgeous. Not as neat as rolling around in the Rockies, but well worth the time when your their.

Also don't drink with the locals in Chicken.

Not sure Canada, wants any visitors, until the virus slacks off. Better check, before you take off. I saw Trudeau on tv recently, saying the border will stay closed for a while longer. But, check on it, I could be wrong.