Changed my mind
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Changed my mind

Changed my mind

So I was ready to trade my 2015 F6B for a new Goldwing DCT 2018. I was approved and everything but I hadn't had a chance to test ride one, mostly because the bike I was buying was 2 hours away, so I decided to go to another dealer closer to me in St Augustine, which I didn't want to buy from because the prices there were higher, to ride test one. I did tested a blue DCT 2018 for about 25 miles and I have to say that for that much money and all the mods I would have to make to fit my short frame is not worth it. Granted, it has lots of nice features and is very nimble and lighter and powerful, but first, Is to frigging tall for me, even taller than my F6B, and the handlebar is lower as well. Is like they placed the seat higher on this bike. On top of that, my back was killing me because I had to hunch forward just to be comfortable enough to ride. After that I decided I was too spoiled by my own bike, and in all honesty, I am not ready for a bike that cost as much as my truck!
    Even though it was on sale for $21.900 (retail about $27.000) it is still way too much and the monthly payments too high too, even though those guys said I have an excellent credit and that Honda financial gave me a great rate. So I'm going to keep my F6B, which is in excellent shape and it has only 11.000 miles. I have 2 years to pay off this bike so maybe later I might consider a trade but I seriously doubt I'll do it with those prices.

Good call F6B's are unique.
    Most people don't believe it's a Goldwing.

F6Bs are unique and some what unknown. Last summer on two different rides I had someone walk up and ask what my bike was. They had never seen one before. I also found the new 1800s to tall to be comfortable with my 29” inseam. I can’t justify a new bike that I will need to invest in a 1,000-1,500 seat just to get to the ground and I’m not turning my riding boots into disco boots.

Yep. I have people saying "Good lookin bike! Is that a Harley?".
    When I tell em it's a Honda they look at me like I'm kidding then say "Really!".
    MyB2019.jpg

I can't count the number of times I've been asked what kind of bike I'm riding. When I say it's a Honda Goldwing they usually act like they don't believe me, so I add 'without a trunk'. The design has aged very well. For a design that first hit showrooms in late 2000 it looks more up to date than many motorcycles that are far newer.

Perohijo,

I was on my 2nd FJR 1300 which I loved, but the riding position was becoming increasingly uncomfortable. After a ride from Virginia back home to Tampa I knew it was time to try another bike. I looked long and hard at the traditional wings and then I saw the F6B and it was love and first sight and when I rode one, that was it. Yes, it is heavier, but it is a great riding machine and it will work the twisties and backroads as well as any bike. Wife loves it and that is a big factor. Going to keep this bike a long time.
    Defiant77
    Tampa Bay

I like that my 2016 F6B has "just enough" nice features. I love the cruise control and the basic but useful radio/USB player without a bunch of of bells and whistles. I like that it doesn't have a complicated GPS, even though I'll admit to adding a simple Beeline Moto GPS indicator.

The only electronic feature I'd add is a computed distance to "empty gas tank" reading under the INFO button. Far from necessary but it just SHOULD be there even though I can go more than 200 miles on a tank.

At 6'3" I wish the driver pegs where further forward and the handle bars where higher. Would enjoy more of a cruiser body position but overall cruise control fixes any discomfort I feel. I do have to watch where my feet are when dragging pegs since my toes actually point down and could get caught going the wrong direction by the pavement.

I LOVE the styling of the front cowl and rear bags better than the new GW. I don't want to ride my "Father's GoldWing" but I'm old enough to feel out of place on a "youngin's" crotch rocket. The F6B hits my sweet spot.
    2016 F6B Standard Matte Silver. Freedom Combat Slip-Ons, BaggerShield 11" - 19" Sport Shield, Kuryakyn Ergo II Highway Pegs, Ultimate King Seat w/Driver Backrest, Pathfinder Running/Turnsignal/Driving Lights, Beeline Moto Navigation, INNOVV K2 Camera, DHS Racing Shifter Linkage Upgrade, Show Chrome Handlebar Risers and Luggage Rack.

Quote Originally Posted by SeaSteve View Post
    I like that my 2016 F6B has "just enough" nice features. I love the cruise control and the basic but useful radio/USB player without a bunch of of bells and whistles. I like that it doesn't have a complicated GPS, even though I'll admit to adding a simple Beeline Moto GPS indicator.
    Well said, SeaSteve and I completely agree. Thanks for your first mention of the Beeline a few months ago. After looking into it a bit further, I ended up buying one too and look forward to trying it out once the deep freeze ends in my neck of the woods. Stacked up against the competition, the B continues to lead the pack IMHO.

first I heard of the Beeline. Thanks for bringing it up. Checked it out and its "on the list". Very cool it looks, Give us a review after you use it Sea Steve....Me and Brasco have a few weeks to wait before riding season

I've used my Beeline on several trips now and it works great. Simple, effective and easy to read in the full sun with just a quick glance.
    2016 F6B Standard Matte Silver. Freedom Combat Slip-Ons, BaggerShield 11" - 19" Sport Shield, Kuryakyn Ergo II Highway Pegs, Ultimate King Seat w/Driver Backrest, Pathfinder Running/Turnsignal/Driving Lights, Beeline Moto Navigation, INNOVV K2 Camera, DHS Racing Shifter Linkage Upgrade, Show Chrome Handlebar Risers and Luggage Rack.