Auto Train Sanford to Lorton

Thread: Auto Train Sanford to Lorton

Auto Train Sanford to Lorton

Greetings,

Anyone use the auto train from Sanford Fl to Lorton Va with their F6B? I have done it a couple of times with my FJR. Just wanted to see if there were any problems loading it on Amtrak trailers that go on the train. Planning a ride in late April via the BRP or the back roads down the coast.

Monty
    Defiant77
    Tampa Bay

I've done it with my VTX1800c and my F6B and had zero negative issues.
    2016 F6B Deluxe with goodies.

Good to know, thanks for the feedback.
    Defiant77
    Tampa Bay

Make sure you visit the web site and check out any restrictions. For example, I'm not sure, but I don't think they can accommodate dark siders in the motorcycle carts (due to the width of the rear wheel and the size of the trough the bike sits in) and I don't think they have 'special' ones.

Nice part is that you can leave your gear strapped onto the bike. I travel with a tombstone bag that's got a top bag. I leave the tombstone on the bike, taking only the topbag with me into the train. It's got my overnight stuff (shaving kit, electronics, power cords, book etc), Each (coach) seat has power receptacles, reclines, has a foot rest and lap table. Similar to a home recliner. I'd recommend a small neck pillow and blanket (Amtrak will sell you this neat little kit for a fee that you can keep after your ride).

There's a dining car that will feed you two meals (dinner and breakfast included). During non-meal times, there's a small bar in the same car (booze not included in ticket price).

Anyway, it's a nice train ride. I hope you enjoy it as well.
    2016 F6B Deluxe with goodies.

Thanks Draxsr,

I have traveled twice from Sanford to Lorton but those times I was on the FJR 1300. It is a fun ride and the food is great. If you are like me, I sleep like a baby anywhere so it was a nice ride. I always get the roomette and now they are serving meals to the rooms. Absolutely NO car tires on my motorcycles.
    Defiant77
    Tampa Bay