Wheel Chock from Harbor Freight

Thread: Wheel Chock from Harbor Freight

Wheel Chock from Harbor Freight

Has anyone used the wheel chock from HF? I got one but it looks like it will interfere with lower cowling of the bike and might put all the weight on the brake rotors. It is the kind that you roll into it and the back of the chock flips up to secure the tire.

Don't want to mount it to my HF lift until I get some advice if it will work with my 2016 F6B.

Thanks

I've got 2 of them, in my trailer. Work fine, with no interference with the fender. that flip-up has 3 positions, if I remember correctly, for different size wheels.

I bought $62, “1800lb”model and mounted to an enclosed trailer. Put the wing in trailered to Daytona from NJ no problem. Five days later loaded up to come home, upon arriving home found that the wheel chock snapped at the welds (Checked in NC and all was good) and the only thing holding bike was the tie downs which had loosened. The bar weight wore a hole through the plywood wall and tore up the grip and lever and the chock scratched up the fender pretty good. After that I bought a $200 Steadymate on Dennis Kirk. Have been back to Daytona twice, Americade and Laconia without any problem. Another example of “You get what you pay for” IMHO.

Quote Originally Posted by Radical Taz View Post
    I bought $62, “1800lb”model and mounted to an enclosed trailer. Put the wing in trailered to Daytona from NJ no problem. Five days later loaded up to come home, upon arriving home found that the wheel chock snapped at the welds (Checked in NC and all was good) and the only thing holding bike was the tie downs which had loosened. The bar weight wore a hole through the plywood wall and tore up the grip and lever and the chock scratched up the fender pretty good. After that I bought a $200 Steadymate on Dennis Kirk. Have been back to Daytona twice, Americade and Laconia without any problem. Another example of “You get what you pay for” IMHO.
    Not sure if you and I had the same wheel chalk. I don't recall anything about 1800lb on any of my info. Could be a different unit. I've trailered from Wisconsin to Arkansas, and Wis to Sturgis, with no issues at all, on mine. Two bikes in the trailer at a the same time. F6B and Yamaha FZ-09. I don't recall my units having welds on them. A flat plate on the bottom, then all tubes, and a pivot with bolts, that rotate up behind the wheel, when I drive into the chalk. I was a welder, as my profession, before retiring, so , I would have inspected any welds on my units.

I inherited a Condor when I purchased my toy hauler. Works great and it has transported my 6 multiple times. I looked it up and it is quite expensive but it is a quality product.