2020 West "No Frills Get-Together"

View Poll Results: Which date works best for you?

Voters
14. You may not vote on this poll
  • 9/17-19

2 14.29%
  • 9/24-26

0 0%
  • Either is fine!

11 78.57%
  • Damn! I can't make it! Aaargh!!!

1 7.14%

Thread: 2020 West "No Frills Get-Together"

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

2020 West "No Frills Get-Together"

Okay, there seems to be some interest in a get together this year, west of the Big Muddy. I've been chatting with F6Bster and AZ Wingrider, and want to throw out some details of what we have in mind:

• Dates: Either 9/17-19, or 9/24-26
    • Hotel: TBD
    • Frills and doo-dads: None
    • Scenery: Hey, it's Colorado, in the early fall!

Montrose is a great location, and F6Bster has a lot of GPS ready maps, to help riders get out and back. There is a poll here, so pick a date. If you don't care, pick "either". I'll leave the poll open for two weeks, then grab the winning date and the count of "either", to have a headcount to see if we can get a block of rooms. Note: If you selected the date that wasn't the most popular, of course you are still welcome. I'm just using the process outlined to come up with a rough number.

Hotel is TBD, but it's going to be an upgrade over Cortez. The Holiday Inn Express looks great, but it's also already sold out for the first weekend. Of course, no one is obligated to stay at whatever hotel we end up at; in Cortez, some folks chose to stay elsewhere.

Frills and doo dads will not be present. No vendor tents, raffles, dinners, t-shirts, back rubs, nothing... It's just a chance to get together in CO, among other riders, and have a good time away from the madness.

If you're interested, pick a date, or both, and let's do this!
    Last edited by jmdaniel; 01-23-2020 at 10:18 AM.