2020 West "No Frills Get-Together"

View Poll Results: Which date works best for you?

Voters
14. You may not vote on this poll
  • 9/17-19

2 14.29%
  • 9/24-26

0 0%
  • Either is fine!

11 78.57%
  • Damn! I can't make it! Aaargh!!!

1 7.14%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2020 West "No Frills Get-Together"

2020 West "No Frills Get-Together"

Okay, there seems to be some interest in a get together this year, west of the Big Muddy. I've been chatting with F6Bster and AZ Wingrider, and want to throw out some details of what we have in mind:

• Dates: Either 9/17-19, or 9/24-26
    • Hotel: TBD
    • Frills and doo-dads: None
    • Scenery: Hey, it's Colorado, in the early fall!

Montrose is a great location, and F6Bster has a lot of GPS ready maps, to help riders get out and back. There is a poll here, so pick a date. If you don't care, pick "either". I'll leave the poll open for two weeks, then grab the winning date and the count of "either", to have a headcount to see if we can get a block of rooms. Note: If you selected the date that wasn't the most popular, of course you are still welcome. I'm just using the process outlined to come up with a rough number.

Hotel is TBD, but it's going to be an upgrade over Cortez. The Holiday Inn Express looks great, but it's also already sold out for the first weekend. Of course, no one is obligated to stay at whatever hotel we end up at; in Cortez, some folks chose to stay elsewhere.

Frills and doo dads will not be present. No vendor tents, raffles, dinners, t-shirts, back rubs, nothing... It's just a chance to get together in CO, among other riders, and have a good time away from the madness.

If you're interested, pick a date, or both, and let's do this!
    Last edited by jmdaniel; 01-23-2020 at 10:18 AM.

Count me in for either date. I met a lot of great people and had some great rides two years ago. Lets get together for some fellowship and riding. In mid and late September the leaves will be turning and the scenery will be beyond beautiful.

I am looking forward to seeing everyone again
    Az Wingrider

Definitely penciling this in. Never stopped/been thru Montrose so that's pretty cool. It'd be great to ride with Dwight, Jeff, and others again!

Montrose, Colorado would be a great location. Surrounded by some of the best and diverse riding that you can find:

--Million Dollar Highway (US-550), or the whole San Juan Skyway includes Ouray, Red Mountain Pass, Silverton, Molas Pass, Coal Bank Pass, Durango, Delores, Rico, Telluride, and Dallas Divide. An awesome day of riding.
    --Grand Mesa (highest flattop mesa in the world)
    --Colorado National Monument (a nice loop is doing this and then over Grand Mesa back to Montrose)
    --Black Canyon of the Gunnison, South Rim and North Rim (CO-92 along the north rim is one of the best rides)
    --Unaweep-Tabeguache Scenic Byway (includes Gateway, Delores River Canyon, and Dallas Divide)
    --and more.

Montrose is a nice town, good lodging, good food, and motorcycle friendly. Been going there many years on Valkyries and/or GoldWings. Some nice rides as you go to/from Montrose also. It is one of the best locations for riding the canyons and the mountains. And either weekend will provide for some grat fall colors at the higher elevations.

And here are links to a couple of videos I did many years ago. They will give you a good idea on the riding.

Million Dollar Highway:
    https://youtu.be/FZGdDTIUvfQ

Unaweep-Tabeguache Byway:
    https://youtu.be/WvipmB-v2YU

Black Canyon South Rim:
    https://youtu.be/XgJC1gglSOQ
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by F6Bster; 01-23-2020 at 11:52 AM.
    2016 F6B Deluxe
    Jupiter Orange Metallic

It would be great to see you again, and this time we'll get in a ride or two together. Hope it works out!

Quote Originally Posted by Elroy View Post
    Definitely penciling this in. Never stopped/been thru Montrose so that's pretty cool. It'd be great to ride with Dwight, Jeff, and others again!
    2016 F6B Deluxe
    Jupiter Orange Metallic

It's 75 miles closer to me than Cortez. AND more direct (only have to be on I-40 a few miles).
    Had a good time in 2018, enjoyed great 'day trips' and met some fine folks on F6Bs.
    Ready to go again. Looking forward to it!

Quote Originally Posted by Elroy View Post
    I am looking forward to seeing and riding with you again. As F6Bster has said there is some great riding around Montrose and the problem is choosing what to see in the time available.

Take care and ride safe
    Dwight

Looking forward to riding with the gang again count me in Thanks Ernie

Bump! Poll closes tomorrow!

Quote Originally Posted by F6Bster View Post
    It would be great to see you again, and this time we'll get in a ride or two together. Hope it works out!
    I hope so too! I enjoyed talking with you at dinner and hope to ride together this time too!

Quote Originally Posted by Az Wingrider View Post
    I am looking forward to seeing and riding with you again. As F6Bster has said there is some great riding around Montrose and the problem is choosing what to see in the time available.

Take care and ride safe
    Dwight
    Gonna try my darnest to make it!