Extended warranties - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Extended warranties

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    IMO, It's totally a gamble. It's worth it if you need it but a waste if you don't.

I've had one extended warranty in 30 years. It was on the first NEW vehicle I'd ever bought, a 1990 Chevy Beretta GT. It paid off when it need a new clutch.

I'm considering it for the F6B.
    2016 F6B Standard Matte Silver. Freedom Combat Slip-Ons, BaggerShield 11" - 19" Sport Shield, Kuryakyn Ergo II Highway Pegs, Ultimate King Seat w/Driver Backrest, Pathfinder Running/Turnsignal/Driving Lights, Beeline Moto Navigation, INNOVV K2 Camera, DHS Racing Shifter Linkage Upgrade, Show Chrome Handlebar Risers and Luggage Rack.

Quote Originally Posted by SeaSteve View Post
    IMO, It's totally a gamble. It's worth it if you need it but a waste if you don't.

I've had one extended warranty in 30 years. It was on the first NEW vehicle I'd ever bought, a 1990 Chevy Beretta GT. It paid off when it need a new clutch.

I'm considering it for the F6B.
    Same here, especially for $585.

I had one on my '05 Corvette, and it was the deciding factor for the buyer when I sold the car.

One thing to keep in mind is that extended warranties are insurance, and manufacturers sell them to make money. They will price them high enough to make a nice profit after paying all the claims. And most dealers make a lot of money on top of that, which is why they push them so hard. So the odds are that you won't come out ahead. I certainly have not!

I think if you buy it and never have to use it. It was a great bargin. Think about it you ride 8 full years and never have a problem with the bike. I think that worth the call to Al at Max's Cycle and the $595. I have a F6B and a full wing. I bought extended on them.

I finally got around to calling Al Miller and purchased the 5 year extended warranty and roadside assistance for $645.
    2016 F6B Standard Matte Silver. Freedom Combat Slip-Ons, BaggerShield 11" - 19" Sport Shield, Kuryakyn Ergo II Highway Pegs, Ultimate King Seat w/Driver Backrest, Pathfinder Running/Turnsignal/Driving Lights, Beeline Moto Navigation, INNOVV K2 Camera, DHS Racing Shifter Linkage Upgrade, Show Chrome Handlebar Risers and Luggage Rack.

Quote Originally Posted by SeaSteve View Post
    I finally got around to calling Al Miller and purchased the 5 year extended warranty and roadside assistance for $645.
    That's a good price, but still much more than they cost a few years ago. Either Honda decided they needed to make more money on warranties, or their bikes are less reliable. I hope it's the former!

Roadside Assistance/Towing Plans

I've rarely needed roadside assistance or towing, but from those who have I've heard one big complaint: when you call for assistance with a prepaid plan, you often wait hours for help to arrive. One Valkyrie rider I talked with said he called for help in the afternoon, but nobody showed up until 9 PM.

From what I've heard these plans award contracts to just a few towing companies in an area, possibly the lowest bidders. So when you call you might end up waiting for help to arrive from miles away. If I ever break down I'd rather pay more and have someone arrive quickly. A phone app that identifies nearby services and response times would be useful.