Braking incident last summer.

Thread: Braking incident last summer.

Braking incident last summer.

Last summer while riding I was traveling about 35MPH coming to a stop when car crossed over into my lane cutting me off. I came down on the front brake really hard and can't remember how much or if I applied the rear brake with the brake pedal. Anyway I kept the bike upright, never hit the car, but did notice the front of the bike wobbling all over the place. I think I even locked the front wheel. Because of the traffic I could not change lanes. While the bike was wobbling (stupid me) stuck my feet out to avoid going over. I actually think had I not done that I would have put the bike on the side.

I have been going over this in my mind wondering what I could have done different? Biggest thing is I feel the front brake at the wheel was applied harder using the front brake handle causing the bike to wobble A LOT. This is a 2013 F6B no ABS.

As a side not I injured my knee the weekend before this. This incident only made it worse and I ended up with two tears in my meniscus but I don't know from which incident. Anyway I had surgery and it is fixed.

Just interested in comments of what you may have done different. I know I should probably practice this situation in a parking lot.
    Former owner of a 99 Valkyrie for 15 years.

Okay
    Former owner of a 99 Valkyrie for 15 years.

Glad you kept it upright. In a hard "wobble" like you described, it's a crapshoot if your leg/knees are strong enough, to stabilize a moving 800 plus lb machine. I think my old knee, would not have fared well.