Agree on the routes. However, I find it best to do the trip a big in reverse, from Prescott > Bagdad > Wickenburg > Yarnell (Yarnell Hill best heading up the grade -- or even ride it twice -- been there done that uphill twice) > Prescott (-89A going in to Prescott after Yarnell is more uphill and more fun IMHO).

Quote Originally Posted by OlyF6B View Post
+1 on Jerome (especially the "back way" to the top of the mountain with LOTS of curves) -- parking can be dicey in that small hillside town -- and DT Prescott (Whiskey Row) is cool with lots of history and some great eating establishments.

One ride I really like out of Phoenix is to head north on 17 and then onto Wickenburg (various routes to get there). Then, take 93 out of Wickenburg and find your way to the small town of Bagdad (using 97 and 96). 97 is a real roller coaster and is prone to swams of crotch rocket riders... so use caution. Then, from Baddad, you can take 96 down to 15 (junction of 96 and 15 -- turn left to 15) and take the back way into Prescott via 10 (through Skull Valley and Iron Springs Road > Whipple > Montezuma St). Depending on time of year, you could encounter patch snow on the side of the road at higher elevations. If it's cold.. there is a Starbucks off of Montezuma before you get to Sheldon St.

Another great ride is heading NE out of Phoenix to Payson or to Roosevelt Lake areas. If you go straight out to Roosevelt Lake, I'd suggest taking 88 (towards Tortilla Flats). Once there, you could head north on 188 to connect with 87 which will take you to Payson. You can do any number of variations on these routes and have a great time.

Enjoy!!