Thread: Darkside

Darkside

Interesting...
    2016 F6B Matte Grey
    2016 XDiavel (Sadly...gone)
    2014 M109r (FHD Classic) (Sadly...gone)
    2014 VRSCF (Gone)
    2006 VTX 1300C (Gone)

"I find as I get older that I have less and less to say about more and more. I thought I was mellowing as I got older, turns out I just don’t give a sh1t.”

After decades of reading the online debate on this topic, this is the first time I've personally viewed something that is a fair and balanced evaluation about such a controversial topic. I've never taken a side... b/c I do what I want to do (i.e., mod) on my scoot and I don't judge what other people do to their scoot. Each to his/her own and at the end of the day, I'm just glad that I can still head out on an enjoyable ride...

All that said, it's still raining here in the PNW... so I'll shift gears and head over to my fav car forum and read more opinions about the great debate over "Paint your calipers vs. installing painted covers." ;-)
    Last edited by OlyF6B; 01-31-2020 at 03:38 PM.

"Darksiding".....................Nothing more than a "State of Mind"...............Mount It, Ride It, Enjoy It.........Worst Case, you return to a MC Tire!
    Last edited by bob109; 01-31-2020 at 09:37 PM.

Good video.
    2013 F6B in black of course

A good balanced video. Most of what he said wasn't surprising at all. Most riders know intuitively that car tires cost less and last longer. Most also realize they won't handle as well as a MC tire, otherwise we'd see some variation of them running in Moto GP.

A question I have is about the bead fit. He modified a tube type rim to run a tubeless tire. But does a car tire mounted on a MC rim designed for tubeless tires have the same bead fit issues he mentioned?

I went DS after my first tire wore out. I have not noticed any change in handling. I think oh has to do with finding the right CT and finding the right air pressure

I disagree with his comment about the way a dark side bike handles. His light weight adventure type bike may not like a car tire. I installed a car tire on a Kawasaki Concours that I owned and I did not care much for it either. But on the F6B or full Wing I think they are fantastic. I have about 50,000 miles on the dark side and I have no plans of going back to a bike tire.

IMHO Heavy Cruisers i.e. those bikes over 700 lbs. are perfect candidates for a CT! With over 60K miles on a CT on my F6B, I'll never return to a MT!

He forgot to mention Run Flat as a benefit. I don't believe there is a motorcycle run flat, could be wrong.

It be cool to see some professional riders get a car tire on a track and push em as far as they’d go. I doubt I’d ever get close either way. Freedom of choice is a great thing.