Colorado "No Frills" Gathering - September 14, 2020 - Lodging and Dates!
Page 1 of 16 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Colorado "No Frills" Gathering - September 14, 2020 - Lodging and Dates!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Colorado "No Frills" Gathering - September 14, 2020 - Lodging and Dates!

EDITED!!!!!!!! CHANGE IN HOTELS!!!! NO MORE SUPER 8!!!!

I know there was some interest in staying at the Holiday Inn Express, but when I first set this up, it was booked both weekends. Well.... with this little thing called Covid-19, the group that comes in every year, and had the whole hotel booked the first weekend we were considering, cancelled earlier today, so there are now rooms! They don't reserve a block for less than 10, and with the relatively low lack of interest so far, I didn't want to vouch for 10. Rates are currently $104.98 for non refundable, and $116.42 for refundable, if you book on IHG.

https://www.ihg.com/holidayinnexpress/hotels/us/en/find-hotels/hotel/list?fromRedirect=true&qAms=null&qSrt=sBR&qDest=Mo ntrose,%20CO,%20USA&setPMCookies=true&srb_u=1

I've booked for 9/14-19. If you want to add your name to the list coming, don't dawdle. The hotel is filling fast, now that it is available again.

Dates:

9/14-20 (this is a window, not everyone will be there the entire time)

Main Lodging:

Holiday Inn Express and Suites
    1391 S Townsend Ave
    Montrose, CO 81401
    (970) 240-1800

When you get your room booked, circle back here and let me know, so I can keep a running total. I'm looking forward to it, and yes, I may TRAILER MY B AGAIN!

Booked at Holiday Inn Express:

1. jmdaniel (Jeff) 9/14-19
    2. AZ Wingrider (Dwight) 9/14-20
    3. Brad Clark 9/14-19
    4. Kevin McCormick 9/14-19
    5. F6Bster (Dave) 9/14-19
    6. Audiochris90 (Chris) 9/14-19

Booked at Roadway Inn:

1. SeaSteve (Steve) 9/13-18
    Last edited by jmdaniel; 08-19-2020 at 08:55 PM. Reason: Changed Dave's dates

Mark me down as a probable. I’ll be there if my lower back permits—it is a mess. I’m on a major program right now for eating healthy and losing weight. Got to get weight off the back or I won’t be doing much of anything! Have dropped 17 pounds since Dec 30th so it is working so far—working with doctor and nutritionist to help me stay on the program for the rest of my life. Getting an epidural next Tuesday and am hoping for some temporary relief. I won’t repeat what my doctor said about riding, but I’ve been hearing that for many years.

So, I plan to be there. As we discussed, I am pretty picky about lodging, especially bedding) and for the past 5-8 years I’ve been staying at the Hampton Inn in Montrose, and I’ve booked there for 17-20 September. More expensive (I got AAA rate of $136/night with two Queen beds, plus tax), but I like their beds and breakfast. I’ll hang out with everyone else in the evenings at the Super, but will stay at the Hampton.

Montrose is such a great location with great rides. For anyone coming, make the trip even longer if you can. I already have routes and GPS files available and will post to this thread one day soon while it is snowing here in Colorado. Think:

—San Juan Skyway: Montrose > Ridgeway> Ouray > Million Dollar Highway > Red Mountain Pass > Silverton > Molas Pass > Coal Bank Pass > Durango > Mancos > Delores > Rico > Lizard Head Pass > Telluride > Placerville > Dallas Divide > Ridgeway > Montrose (or reverse)
    Durango-Telluride.jpg

—Unaweep-Tebaguache: Montrose > Delta > Whitewater > Unaweep Divide > Gateway > Delores River Canyon > Naturita > Norwood > San Miguel Canyon > Placerville > Dallas Divide > Ridgeway > Montrose (or reverse)
    UncompahgreLoop.jpg

—Black Canyon: Montrose > Delta > Notchkiss > Crawford > North Rim if Bkack Canyon (not the park north side as it is dirt, but CO-92 along the North Rim) > Blue Mesa Dam > US-50 west > Blue Mesa Summit > Cerro Summit > Black Canyon National Park South Rim > Ride to the River Canyon bottom > Ride South Rim > Montrose (or reverse)
    BlackCanyon12.jpg

Colorado National Monument - Grand Mesa:
    Montrose > Delta > Grand Junction > Colorado National Monument (East Entrance) > Rim Drive > West Entrance/Exit > Fruita > I-70 East > CO-65 > Grand Mesa > Cedaredge > CO-92 > Delta > US-50 East >Montrose (or reverse)
    GrandMesa.jpg

There’s more but these are the best!!!
    Last edited by F6Bster; 02-12-2020 at 11:31 PM.

Hey F6Bster, Hope you can make it.
    Looks like you'd be close for those evening get-togethers.
    Not far from each other...
    Montrose.jpg

Me too. Everything's easy to get to in Montrose, so I'll be hanging out for sure. Hope to get to ride with you again.

Quote Originally Posted by gadgeteer View Post
    Hey F6Bster, Hope you can make it.
    Looks like you'd be close for those evening get-togethers.
    Not far from each other...
    Montrose.jpg
    2016 F6B Deluxe
    Jupiter Orange Metallic

I can't plan that far ahead at the moment, but I'll try to make it.

Quote Originally Posted by yabiah View Post
    I can't plan that far ahead at the moment, but I'll try to make it.
    ^ This.

I will call and book a room as soon as I get home. So count me in. Thanks for your work on this.

Quote Originally Posted by F6Bster View Post
    So, I plan to be there. As we discussed, I am pretty picky about lodging, especially bedding) and for the past 5-8 years I’ve been staying at the Hampton Inn in Montrose, and I’ve booked there for 17-20 September. More expensive (I got AAA rate of $136/night with two Queen beds, plus tax), but I like their beds and breakfast. I’ll hang out with everyone else in the evenings at the Super, but will stay at the Hampton.
    Yeah, I know what you mean about lodging. I was hesitant about a Super8, due to the Cortez experience, and had thought about the Hampton Inn. I decided against it, for a couple of reasons. First of all, I was trying to be mindful of the cost; $150+ per night, after tax is charged, might be kinda meaty for some. Also, the Hampton Inn is a bit out there, as far as I can tell from the map, and not really walking distance to dining establishments. I thought the Super8 was better, with regard to those factors, and the ratings for the place, (4.5/5 vs. 3.5/5 for Cortez), makes me hopeful.

Hope to see you in September!

You are correct on all accounts. Yep, no restaurants in walking distance of the Hampton. Now Jimmr's BBQ is located in the odl Red Barn -- pretty good BBQ. Hope others can join us. Great riding and a great time of the year as the leaves will be turning at the higher elevations.

Include me on the list of attendees (but staying at Hampton). I plan to attend. Hopefully on bike. If not that, then I'll drive over!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by jmdaniel View Post
    Yeah, I know what you mean about lodging. I was hesitant about a Super8, due to the Cortez experience, and had thought about the Hampton Inn. I decided against it, for a couple of reasons. First of all, I was trying to be mindful of the cost; $150+ per night, after tax is charged, might be kinda meaty for some. Also, the Hampton Inn is a bit out there, as far as I can tell from the map, and not really walking distance to dining establishments. I thought the Super8 was better, with regard to those factors, and the ratings for the place, (4.5/5 vs. 3.5/5 for Cortez), makes me hopeful.

Hope to see you in September!
    Last edited by F6Bster; 02-13-2020 at 10:05 AM.
    2016 F6B Deluxe
    Jupiter Orange Metallic

I just saw this and would love to attend. I'm scheduled for an ATV Jamboree in Utah that week, but if anything changes on the Jamboree I'll be attending this event. I would love to meet other F6B owners and see the accessories and modifications that others have come up with.