Colorado "No Frills" Gathering - September 14, 2020 - Lodging and Dates! - Page 10
Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: Colorado "No Frills" Gathering - September 14, 2020 - Lodging and Dates!

Hey can one of you smart fellas tell me what to do with the dropbox files. I got them into basecamp. The map hap some pink lines all around but they don’t follow the road, looks like “as the crow flies”. My goal is to put them onto my zumo 595.

Quote Originally Posted by Audiochris90 View Post
    Hey can one of you smart fellas tell me what to do with the dropbox files. I got them into basecamp. The map hap some pink lines all around but they don’t follow the road, looks like “as the crow flies”. My goal is to put them onto my zumo 595.
    I looked at a few of them, and there are some issues:

Black Canyon - This is simply a collection of Waypoints, and the Route is walking, which we're not doing. It appears to be imported from Rever. Easy to fix by adding the hotel as the start/stop of a Route, changing it to a Motorcycle map. SeaSteve, this is one of yours, let me know if you want help fixing it up. I didn't look at your other ones.

Bedrock Store - Three different routes, could probably be combined into one.

Montrose_F6B-2020 - These 5 maps are all fine. I initially was just getting straight lines between the waypoints, until I discovered I was using the Global map, (under Maps on the top menu bar). When I changed that, everything was fine. Chris, that is probably your issue. Nice job, Dave!

I created the Montrose F6B 2020 collection on Basecamp (yes, be sure you are using the detailed maps and not just the high level ones — I updated to the most current maps before creating) and confirmed that they were fine when I sent them to my Garmin.

When you bring them up in Basecamp (if you use that), you should recalculate the route using your maps. I used the motorcycle profile and fastest routing. When I imported them into my GPS, I had it recalculate the routing using the maps in the GPS and confirmed that they were correct.

Quote Originally Posted by jmdaniel View Post
    I looked at a few of them, and there are some issues:

Black Canyon - This is simply a collection of Waypoints, and the Route is walking, which we're not doing. It appears to be imported from Rever. Easy to fix by adding the hotel as the start/stop of a Route, changing it to a Motorcycle map. SeaSteve, this is one of yours, let me know if you want help fixing it up. I didn't look at your other ones.

Bedrock Store - Three different routes, could probably be combined into one.

Montrose_F6B-2020 - These 5 maps are all fine. I initially was just getting straight lines between the waypoints, until I discovered I was using the Global map, (under Maps on the top menu bar). When I changed that, everything was fine. Chris, that is probably your issue. Nice job, Dave!

I created the Bedrock Store and Utah-158 river road trip as a Gpx file on Harley Davidson Ride Planner and I have never had any trouble downloading these Gpx files onto my Garmin 665. I will bring a small computer to Montrose and we can download files from it onto your Garmin if you want.

Looking forward to meeting you
    Dwight (Az Wingrider)

You guys just blew my mind. Was hoping someone would bring a laptop. And looking forward to meeting you guys. Not many know this but Im quite famous.

Always wanted to ride with someone quite famous. Jeff is not quite famous but that is just not the same as quite famous.

The routes are fine on Rever but as with most digital conversions it's never complete and correct. After creating the routes on Rever I simply downloaded the GPX files from my online Rever account and uploaded the files to Dropbox. I believe GPX files are really just CSV file but each software system may have sightly different requirement on how the waypoints are listed. I think Rever even offers a few different GPX "types" when I downloaded them and I think I chose the Garmin version.
    2016 F6B Standard Matte Silver. Freedom Combat Slip-Ons, BaggerShield 11" - 19" Sport Shield, Kuryakyn Ergo II Highway Pegs, Ultimate King Seat w/Driver Backrest, Pathfinder Running/Turnsignal/Driving Lights, Beeline Moto Navigation, INNOVV K2 Camera, DHS Racing Shifter Linkage Upgrade, Show Chrome Handlebar Risers and Luggage Rack.

Quote Originally Posted by Az Wingrider View Post
    I created the Bedrock Store and Utah-158 river road trip as a Gpx file on Harley Davidson Ride Planner and I have never had any trouble downloading these Gpx files onto my Garmin 665. I will bring a small computer to Montrose and we can download files from it onto your Garmin if you want.

Looking forward to meeting you
    Dwight (Az Wingrider)
    You want me to fix those maps ahead of time? We don't need no steenkin' computers!

Quote Originally Posted by SeaSteve View Post
    The routes are fine on Rever but as with most digital conversions it's never complete and correct. After creating the routes on Rever I simply downloaded the GPX files from my online Rever account and uploaded the files to Dropbox. I believe GPX files are really just CSV file but each software system may have sightly different requirement on how the waypoints are listed. I think Rever even offers a few different GPX "types" when I downloaded them and I think I chose the Garmin version.
    You want me to fix your maps? Or are we going to make Chris walk them?

You want me to fix your maps? Or are we going to make Chris walk them?
    You can modify the files anyway you see fit.
    2016 F6B Standard Matte Silver. Freedom Combat Slip-Ons, BaggerShield 11" - 19" Sport Shield, Kuryakyn Ergo II Highway Pegs, Ultimate King Seat w/Driver Backrest, Pathfinder Running/Turnsignal/Driving Lights, Beeline Moto Navigation, INNOVV K2 Camera, DHS Racing Shifter Linkage Upgrade, Show Chrome Handlebar Risers and Luggage Rack.