Colorado "No Frills" Gathering - September 14, 2020 - Lodging and Dates! - Page 5
Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Colorado "No Frills" Gathering - September 14, 2020 - Lodging and Dates!

Quote Originally Posted by Az Wingrider View Post
    For those of you that are interested the hotel and dates for the West No Frills Rally have changed. The new hotel is Holiday Inn Express in Montrose Colorado and the dates are going to be from Sept 14th to the 20th. Its going to be very informal and you don't need to be there the entire time. JMDANIEL did most of the legwork setting this up and he can give you more info if you want it. This is a great riding area with lots of great roads and in late September we will probably see the leaves changing in the higher elevations. I was just in Colorado earlier this week and everything is good. Lots of places require face covering but most places are open and trying hard to earn your business.

If you aren't doing anything in late September come ride with us and see scenery that you will never forget. The San Juan Mountains are as good as it gets for riding country.

Ride safe
    Az Wingrider
    What he said!!!

I'm willing to change hotels. (Since I'm "cheap" I may go with the Roadway Inn right across the street from the Holiday Inn Express)...Just, what days is the question.

Jeff, looks like you've changed to earlier days in the week so what are the dates NOW? Spending Monday-Friday there with the two two-day weekends to travel to and from Central Texas, works for me.

What days are the rest of the rest of you looking at.
    2016 F6B Standard Matte Silver. Freedom Combat Slip-Ons, BaggerShield 11" - 19" Sport Shield, Kuryakyn Ergo II Highway Pegs, Ultimate King Seat w/Driver Backrest, Pathfinder Running/Turnsignal/Driving Lights, Beeline Moto Navigation, INNOVV K2 Camera, DHS Racing Shifter Linkage Upgrade, Show Chrome Handlebar Risers and Luggage Rack.

Quote Originally Posted by SeaSteve View Post
    I'm willing to change hotels. (Since I'm "cheap" I may go with the Roadway Inn right across the street from the Holiday Inn Express)...Just, what days is the question.

Jeff, looks like you've changed to earlier days in the week so what are the dates NOW? Spending Monday-Friday there with the two two-day weekends to travel to and from Central Texas, works for me.

Steve, the dates are whatever anyone wants them to be. 2 years ago in Cortez, Dwight and I got there a day before most others, and I left on Saturday, not Sunday. Come and go as you please, this is the No Frills Rally.

I'll add the dates that I know of to the first post, but don't hold me to anything but my own dates...

Quote Originally Posted by SeaSteve View Post

I have changed my reservation to arrive on the 14th and will probably leave on Sunday the 20th. I was just in the San Juan's last week and the area is looking great. The restaurants are mostly open and the roads are not crowded. It should be good riding in September. As Jeff said arrive when you want and leave when you need to, I anticipate a very relaxed and fluid gathering.

Ride safe
    Az Wingrider

Quote Originally Posted by Az Wingrider View Post
    I have changed my reservation to arrive on the 14th and will probably leave on Sunday the 20th. I was just in the San Juan's last week and the area is looking great. The restaurants are mostly open and the roads are not crowded. It should be good riding in September. As Jeff said arrive when you want and leave when you need to, I anticipate a very relaxed and fluid gathering.

Ride safe
    Az Wingrider
    Thanks, Dwight. I updated your dates on the first post.

Updated first post. Steve has switched from the Super 8, so I'm going to release the block there back to the owner.

I can't express how much I enjoy riding this area. During the rally two years ago we got to experience some of the great roads but there is so much more to see and this year we should be there when the leaves are changing and the color will be unbelievable. These are some of the best riding roads in the country. The original "True Grit" was filmed in the area and legendary Joe Cocker loved the area so much he retired here and spent his last years here.

If you haven't had a chance to visit the San Juan Mountains come join us.

Az Wingrider

I must be getting the fever. Been getting in a few local rides but only about 1k miles so far this year. This may be a record low for me.

I have changed my plans as follows:
    Lodging: Holiday Inn Montrose
    Arrive: Tuesday Sept 15
    Depart: Saturday Sept 19
    Will try to join on a ride and then break off to head home on Sat.

I am hoping that my riding buddy Smoky will be joining me on one of his Valks (orig).

Should be a great time.

Quote Originally Posted by F6Bster View Post
    I must be getting the fever. Been getting in a few local rides but only about 1k miles so far this year. This may be a record low for me.

I have changed my plans as follows:
    Lodging: Holiday Inn Montrose
    Arrive: Tuesday Sept 15
    Depart: Saturday Sept 19
    Will try to join on a ride and then break off to head home on Sat.

I am hoping that my riding buddy Smoky will be joining me on one of his Valks (orig).

Should be a great time.
    Sounds great, Dave. I changed your accommodations and dates on the first post.

For all that are signed up, I've added you to a Dropbox folder where we can stash .gpx maps and anything else you want to share. You should have gotten an email invite to the folder, let me know if you have any questions.