Colorado "No Frills" Gathering - September 14, 2020 - Lodging and Dates! - Page 7
Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: Colorado "No Frills" Gathering - September 14, 2020 - Lodging and Dates!

Can you add me to the drop box folder, I'd like to look at your routes? Michaelowen@mchsi.com

What are the temps like there that time of year ? Also dropbox? Chrisbruner1@msn.com

Quote Originally Posted by 2wheelsforme View Post
    Can you add me to the drop box folder, I'd like to look at your routes? Michaelowen@mchsi.com
    Added, look for an email.

My experience a couple of years ago was hot as hell in the desert and artic cold at elevation.

Quote Originally Posted by Audiochris90 View Post
    What are the temps like there that time of year ? Also dropbox? Chrisbruner1@msn.com
    I added you to Dropbox, that is where we are storing maps.

I got your message, the important thing to do is go to the first page here and get the info for the Holiday Inn Express, and get a room booked. We lucked out that rooms became available, but this is the busiest week in Montrose, or so I was told. Circle back when you get that done, and I'll add you to the list.

I'm not riding to and back but rather trailering. SeaSteve is riding, I believe, and lives not too far south of me, so you may be able to ride part of the way with him.

https://weatherspark.com/y/3210/Average-Weather-in-Montrose-Colorado-United-States-Year-Round

Quote Originally Posted by 2wheelsforme View Post
    My experience a couple of years ago was hot as hell in the desert and artic cold at elevation.
    Oh, you... You were a pretty happy rider, if I recall... at least riding out of Cortez.

For mid-September the weather should be great. For the riding out of Montrose expect nice temperatures during the day at the lower elevations (70s) and in the 50s at the higher elevations as you go over the passes. September is also one of our drier months. That being said, weather is weather, and if a big cold front pushes through we could get a little rain, with it being snow at the higher elevations. However, that is not the norm. And, the fronts normally move through rapidly leaving becutiful snow-capped mountains the next day with clear skies and dry roads.

As 2Wheels indicated (and he was out this way in August), the lower elevations coming to/from Colorado can be pretty hot, but again, September is a much cooler month than August.

Quote Originally Posted by Audiochris90 View Post
    2016 F6B Deluxe
    Jupiter Orange Metallic

If you have the full spectrum you are bound to have much in the perfect range. But I will not leave my heated gear at home next time I'm out that way. Like to froze to death in Yellowstone and at Bear Tooth had to wait a day for the snow and sleet to pass before I could go over.
    Last edited by 2wheelsforme; 08-04-2020 at 03:49 PM.

Room booked. Check in Sept 14 3pm. Checkout Sept 19th at 11am. 108 per night. Hope the bar is open.

Carrying heated gear at the higher elevations always suggested. Things can change rapidly. As for Yellowstone and Beartooth, those are much farther north and winter can strike anytime. Go to Glacier and it’s really a different world!!!

Once we rode for a week plus in Alberta and BC the second half of August. The coldest night we had was on the way home in Pinedale, Wyoming, south of the Tetons. Our bikes were white with heavy frost!

Rocky Mountains: Be prepared!