Colorado "No Frills" Gathering - September 14, 2020 - Lodging and Dates!

Thread: Colorado "No Frills" Gathering - September 14, 2020 - Lodging and Dates!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Audiochris90 View Post
    Room booked. Check in Sept 14 3pm. Checkout Sept 19th at 11am. 108 per night. Hope the bar is open.
    Added to the list, and the bar will be open. I think I was the only person drinking after ride beers in Cortez, so I imported my buddy Brad from Minnesota!

Quote Originally Posted by jmdaniel View Post
    Added to the list, and the bar will be open. I think I was the only person drinking after ride beers in Cortez, so I imported my buddy Brad from Minnesota!
    Not true! I seem to remember a rather large person with a long white beard who had a can of Bud affixed to his hand at all times (after bikes were put to bed).

Quote Originally Posted by ReserveBum View Post
    Not true! I seem to remember a rather large person with a long white beard who had a can of Bud affixed to his hand at all times (after bikes were put to bed).
    I said beer...

This Colorado trip is on my bucket list. I feel like a little girl on Christmas. Its going to be great.

Quote Originally Posted by jmdaniel View Post
    I wanted to share my experience the last time I was over that way at the local bar.

A guy walks into a bar with his pet monkey, orders a drink and while he’s drinking it, the monkey jumps around all over the, grabs some olives off of the bar, eats them, grabs some sliced limes, eats them, jumps up on the pool table, grabs a cue ball, sticks it in his mouth and swallows it whole.

The bartender screams at the guy, “Did you see what your monkey just did?”

The guy says, “No, what?”

“He just ate the cue ball off my pool table, Whole!” says the bartender.

“Yeah, that doesn’t surprise me.” Replied the patron. “He eats everything in sight. I’ll pay for the stuff.”

He finishes his drink, pays his bill, and leaves.

Two weeks later he’s in the bar again and he has his monkey with him.

He orders a drink and the monkey starts running around the bar again.

While the man is drinking his drink, the monkey finds a maraschino cherry on the bar.

He grabs it, sticks it in his but, pulls it out, and eats it.

The bartender is disgusted.

“Did you see what your monkey did now?”, he asks.

“Now what?”, responds the patron.

“Well, he stuck a maraschino cherry up his butt, then he pulled it out and ate it!” says the bartender.

“Yeah, that doesn’t surprise me.” Replied the patron. “He still eats everything sight, but since he ate the cue ball he measures everything first!”

Ride safe.