Colorado "No Frills" Gathering - September 14, 2020 - Lodging and Dates! - Page 13
Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: Colorado "No Frills" Gathering - September 14, 2020 - Lodging and Dates!

Quote Originally Posted by 2wheelsforme View Post
    I think if I was out that way again and staying in Montrose I would have two routes I would want to do. First been there before more than once but dang it is a good road. Down the million dollar hi way and over to almost Cortez. Back up thru Delores, Rico and Placerville to Montrose. That is a fine loop and short enough (<300) to have lots of stops. Second would be down to again Ridgeway and Placerville then over to Naturita and up to Gateway and Whitewater. Find Mesa and ride thru the Grand Mesa Forest (new to me) then Hotchkiss and Gunnison National Forest and back to Montrose. Little longer about 360 miles but doable.
    When I hang out in perdido key I drive from home in Okc to Minden LA and stay at best western. Nice and you can park right outside the room. Then on day 2 from minden to perdido key Florida. Your only a couple days out. Get here and rest a day then ride out with me to the rally. Do it!

Quote Originally Posted by F6Bster View Post
    The four major fires are:
    —Biggest, Pine Gulch Fire, about 80,000 acres north of Grand Junction.
    —Grizzly Creek Fire in Glenwood Canyon east of Glenwood Springs. I-70 through the Canyon has been closed for a week now. Really bad. Traffic impact on all East-West routes through Colorado, except US-160 town south.
    —Williams Fork Fire southeast of Kremmling and south of US-40 and North of I-70.
    —Cameron Peak Fire in Poudre Canyon west of Fort Collins and East of Gould. CO-14 is closed for the length of the Canyon.

No or very little containment on these fires unfortunately.

Pretty much the entire state is being negatively impacted by smoke and resulting pollution. I did a 200 mile ride today over Guanella Pass and Squaw Pass north of US-285 and south of I-70 near Georgetown and Idaho Springs. We had a good ride but it was smoky this morning and very smoky this afternoon. We’ll just have to see how things are looking in early September. Unfortunately no significant rain in the forecast.

Couple of pictures. At the top of a Guanella Pass this morning before the smoke got bad, although it was still very hazy. And a sunset picture taken at my house in Woodland Park (west of Colorado Springs) the other evening.

Attachment 7637. Attachment 7638
    What a sunset! Hey I wanted to ask a Colorado boy if it gets cold on our trip how important are the heated pants? Got the heated jacket liner and gloves but just have those freeze out long johns.

Quote Originally Posted by Audiochris90 View Post
    When I hang out in perdido key I drive from home in Okc to Minden LA and stay at best western. Nice and you can park right outside the room. Then on day 2 from minden to perdido key Florida. Your only a couple days out. Get here and rest a day then ride out with me to the rally. Do it!

what city are you in?

what city are you in?
    Okc is Oklahoma City

You’ll be fine. I’ve never had the heated pants. For mid-September morning mesh pants could be a little nippy unless you have a liner in them.

Quote Originally Posted by Audiochris90 View Post
    What a sunset! Hey I wanted to ask a Colorado boy if it gets cold on our trip how important are the heated pants? Got the heated jacket liner and gloves but just have those freeze out long johns.

I think if I was out that way again and staying in Montrose I would have two routes I would want to do. First been there before more than once but dang it is a good road. Down the million dollar hi way and over to almost Cortez. Back up thru Delores, Rico and Placerville to Montrose. That is a fine loop and short enough (<300) to have lots of stops. Second would be down to again Ridgeway and Placerville then over to Naturita and up to Gateway and Whitewater. Find Mesa and ride thru the Grand Mesa Forest (new to me) then Hotchkiss and Gunnison National Forest and back to Montrose. Little longer about 360 miles but doable.
    You have a lot of suggestions for someone that's not going...

I think his wheels are turning!!!

Quote Originally Posted by jmdaniel View Post
    You have a lot of suggestions for someone that's not going...

Quote Originally Posted by F6Bster View Post
    You’ll be fine. I’ve never had the heated pants. For mid-September morning mesh pants could be a little nippy unless you have a liner in them.
    I'm paying CLOSE attention! What temperatures should a Texas boy expect?
    2016 F6B Standard Matte Silver. Freedom Combat Slip-Ons, BaggerShield 11" - 19" Sport Shield, Kuryakyn Ergo II Highway Pegs, Ultimate King Seat w/Driver Backrest, Pathfinder Running/Turnsignal/Driving Lights, Beeline Moto Navigation, INNOVV K2 Camera, DHS Racing Shifter Linkage Upgrade, Show Chrome Handlebar Risers and Luggage Rack.

In Montrose and rides at that elevation (Black Canyon, Tabeguache-Unaweep, etc) temperatures at night in the 50s and during day 70s/80s. At the top of the passes, nights get cold, and temperatures average in the 50s/60s during the day, but you're only at the top of the passes briefly. Usually feels pretty darn nice!

Again, these are averages! Usually September is a pretty dry month also. Should see some leaves turning at the higher elevations!

Quote Originally Posted by SeaSteve View Post
    I'm paying CLOSE attention! What temperatures should a Texas boy expect?
    Last edited by F6Bster; 08-19-2020 at 12:43 PM.

I'm surprised no one has stepped forward and said I did it and here is why!