MCN is gone!

Thread: MCN is gone!

MCN is gone!

Motorcycle Consumer News (MCN) is done. Their parent filed for bankruptcy and has closed its doors. I loved that magazine for it's various articles and insights. They tested rides and gear, told you why countersteering works (in nauseating details), the physics of head impacts and a myriad of other great topics.

With their demise, I'm left with a gaping hole in my quest to stay on top of motorcycling information and news. So gang, what do you read to stay current?
    2016 F6B Deluxe with goodies.

Unfortunately, it is a sign of the times. We (Riders) are a dying breed. Newspapers, magazines and Book stores are all becoming a thing of the past as well. When we were kids, the rule used to be that when the sent went down, you came home. Now it takes an act of congress to get kids out of their rooms away from their PlayStation or Xbox. When you do get them out, they are glued to their phones. If as a kid did not have a passion for riding your bike, chances are you will not have a passion for riding a motorcycle.

Ride Safe.

I dropped MCN years ago when all they were doing was article comparison’s on V twins. At one time I had subscriptions to 4 motorcycle magazines. MCN was the last one I discontinued.

I renewed my subscription for 2 years for $65 2 days before I received the letter saying they were out of business. Their January 2020 issue still had subscription cards in it. Luckily I used a credit card so won't lose any money. It was my favorite cycle magazine and I will miss it.

So beside Motorcycle which is now a quarterly magazine I think, what is there. I've been looking myself.

I still subscribe to Rider, Cycle World and to several vintage bike magazines. I have a bad habit of not throwing away cycle magazines so have thousands on the shelf.

Quote Originally Posted by thunder217 View Post
    So beside Motorcycle which is now a quarterly magazine I think, what is there. I've been looking myself.
    Since the demise of MCN, I now get American Motorcyclist, Rider, and Road Runner. I like Road Runner for it's touring stories and real life road tests. Rider fills in the gaps nicely.

I have the exact same mags as six2go..must be a 70’s thing (age, not 1970’s). RoadRUNNER is probably my favorite. Really classy magazine aimed more at my riding style, Rider brings out the kid in me (new Kawa Ninja 1000SX for my 73rd BDay??)...Hmmm..��
    WEG

I used to really like their mag. I still have several years worth of issues stockpiled. There used to be fantastic how-to articles and really well sorted reviews. Their reviews on each bike I've owned were spot on...both the good and bad. Last year I cancelled early and requested a refund for the remaining subscription...it had become so poorly done. That's a shame.