bucket list or stock market
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: bucket list or stock market

bucket list or stock market

Hello, I usually just read and not post but today I wondered what the members here think. I was planning on a trip to Key West down the Gulf side and up the Atlantic side. Coming from Missouri that would be a good ride pulling my camper. However with the coronavirus I am having doubts about going that far and staying away that long. I was wondering if I should but the trip off for now and invest my vacation money in the stock market while it is down. I would like to know what the smart people would do.

Quote Originally Posted by gordon View Post
    Hello, I usually just read and not post but today I wondered what the members here think. I was planning on a trip to Key West down the Gulf side and up the Atlantic side. Coming from Missouri that would be a good ride pulling my camper. However with the coronavirus I am having doubts about going that far and staying away that long. I was wondering if I should but the trip off for now and invest my vacation money in the stock market while it is down. I would like to know what the smart people would do.
    Bucket. Memories > money, and no one can guess the right time to get in. The economic hit of this thing will be for bigger than the health part of it.

And wash your hands.

Social distancing is easy on a bike. Know that many campgrounds and restaurants are closed. Make sure you visit the white sand beaches along NW Florida and Alabama. Investing in the stock market is always a guess. I would predict it has not stopped going down yet.

The stock market is and always has been a crap shoot IMO.
    Now a ride to "Key West down the Gulf side and up the Atlantic side." would be a great ride that I personally would love to do(on my bucket list). "Coming from Missouri that would be a good ride pulling my camper." Yep... I agree and with the camper in tow you have your house with you.
    I say go for the ride and never look back.
    Please let us know with a ton of pic that you did make the ride.

The guy who invented the first wheel was an idiot -
    the guy who invented the second one... he was the genius!

http://theringfinders.com/blog/Larry.Royal/

Thanks for your opinions, here in my county they have banned gatherings of 10 or more people, closed all schools,churches and restaurants are only allowed drive thru pickup or delivery. Toilet paper is scarce and hand sanitizer or baby wipes are out of stock. Is the rest of the country having the same problems. I wouldn't want to go to Florida and not be able to enjoy fresh sea food.........

Most the same here in NW Florida except most restaurants are still open but have reduced capacity to 50%. This allows more room between tables. Fresh seafood can still be enjoyed.

The company I work for was recently bought out and during the merger they really started screwing me around. I was basically on “ forced” vacation for a couple days (and then called off sick a couple more). I left Cleveland at 9am and was at mile marker zero, key west in 29 hours. Had a beer and a sandwich at Sloppy Joes and turned around back north. (They wanted at least $60 for a primitive campsite in the keys) Tent camped at the cabbage patch near Daytona for a few days before heading home.

With that said, it was last week before things started to get out of control. I think I would still do it today, just avoid crowds a little more. Every once in a while I just need to hit the reset button and nothing does it better than eating up miles of slab with nothing but my thoughts rolling around in my helmet.

Go for it!
    When that open road starts to callin’ me,
    There’s something over the hill that I gotta see

~Hank Williams

Thanks for your input Jim, Larry and Mike

Why not do both? Moderation on both sides? I’d personally blow it on bucket list stuff but if the DOW breaks under 16k.......