Questions on the ------- wind screen - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Questions on the ------- wind screen

I didn’t think I would do this, but my STAD arrives next week. 13” Medium Dark. I’m hoping for some good riding this summer. HOPING!

Guaranteed.

Madstad Engineering Windshield is the best thing you can possibly do for your F6B if you spend some serious time in the saddle. Out of everything I've done to my bike, it's by FAR the most important mode I've made that makes the ride incredibly pleasant and peaceful. My ears aren't ringing from wind noise at the end of 700 miles, and I feel completely relaxed cause my head hasn't been fighting buffeting for hours on end. I can talk on the phone while I'm riding via my Sena helmet, and no one even knows I'm riding my bike at 80 mph, or listen to the (stock) stereo at volume setting 20 - and hear every note just fine.

+1. Looking forward to hearing your thoughts once you install it, F6Bster.

It is installed, but it will be a few months before I can ride. Living at 8,500 feet has its pluses, and its negatives! But the bike is ready for when my roads are no longer icy!

Quote Originally Posted by rdbonds View Post
    +1. Looking forward to hearing your thoughts once you install it, F6Bster.

I had to use a heat gun on mine. The base was curved too much and wouldnt seal all the way across.
    But to me it looks good and all I get is whisp of air on the tips of my ears from behind, with a half helmet.
    Can hear the radio as much as I want, but I think its a distraction.
    Money well spent. My third bike with a Mad S**d.
    ITS ALL GOOD

I have both the medium and large 狂ったstads in both 15" and 17" dark gray. I bought the taller one for the winters if and when I ride.

You still will get wet behind a 狂ったstad, I haven't found the magical angle and height to make the rain completely disappear. But I am generally satisfied with them.

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

Quote Originally Posted by Ace1USMC View Post
    Madstad Engineering Windshield is the best thing you can possibly do for your F6B if you spend some serious time in the saddle.
    It looks like your use of the name didn't get flagged. I don't understand the angst about saying Madstad.
    2016 F6B Matte Grey
    2016 XDiavel (Sadly...gone)
    2014 M109r (FHD Classic) (Sadly...gone)
    2014 VRSCF (Gone)
    2006 VTX 1300C (Gone)

"I find as I get older that I have less and less to say about more and more. I thought I was mellowing as I got older, turns out I just don’t give a sh1t.”

Quote Originally Posted by Ace1USMC View Post
    I'm riding my bike at 80 mph, or listen to the (stock) stereo at volume setting 20 - and hear every note just fine.
    Volume at 20 is really, really high. Do you have the "AVC" turned on? I am at 12-13 typically. As I hit 70 or so, I usually have to turn it down 1 because the AVC keeps getting louder.
    Albuquerque, NM