Questions on the ------- wind screen
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Questions on the ------- wind screen

Questions on the ------- wind screen

I'm getting some buffeting around my helmet and want to replace the windshield. The previous owner installed a 13 inch Baggershield, which is just a bit too short (I'm 6'2"). I'm thinking of getting a ------- but can't figure it out. Do you purchase a second shield that attaches to what is already on the bike or do you get two shields in the ------- package? And if you attach the ------- shield to your existing shield, do you need to drill the existing shield to attach the brackets? It seems like you would have to. Also, if the ------- shield attaches to your current shield, will it work with the aftermarket Baggershield or will I need to go back to the original Honda shield?

I'm sorry for all the questions, but I've been looking on the internet and can't seem to find answers to these questions, and I hate to call ------- without at least knowing a little bit about how their product works. So any information you can provide would be greatly appreciated.

Stan

Just go on their website, click on Honda, click on F6B, and your all set. I’m also 6’2 and I purchased the 15”shield. I like it.

Skromfols - If you mean the AngryStad, it comes with both shields and all the hardware. They're great units. Not everyone likes the look of them, but doggone they work. I recommend following their direction on sizing. It's pretty accurate. I ended up putting 12v linear actuators on mine, so I can adjust it while riding.

rdbonds, what I was trying to say was -------, but somehow the system changed the name to --------. Strange. Thanks for the info. So if I understand the process I would remove the wind screen I presently have and what ------- supplies is two wind screens that are held together with their hardware? Sorry for being so dense. I haven't had a cup of coffee yet.

Not being able to use the actual name here is retarded....

I'm 6'1" - got the 15".

Your old windshield comes off. I wouldn't say you get two shields; one lower, shorter cowl that you mount to where your old screen was. You attach the brackets to that, and the new clear (or tinted) shield mounts to the brackets.

Mastad is close enough for me.

First, me being a smart a$$! Baggershield doesn't have a 13" windshield for the F6B. You are probably referring to the 11" Sport Shield, which can be raised to 12.25" (which is close to the 13" you talked about.)

Here's my two cents: I'm 6'3" and I LOVE the 11" sport shield in the summer. I did raise it all the way to the top 12.25". I get very little buffeting but also, a nice breeze that blows down my face and chest to keep me cool in the 95+ degrees hot weather in Texas.

I have replaced the the sport shield with the 11" to 19" Adjustable Shield, which is the 11" sport shield with a "rubber screw-on" add-on 8" shield. It works great in the winter months and when I want more protection.
    2016 F6B Standard Matte Silver. Freedom Combat Slip-Ons, BaggerShield 11" - 19" Sport Shield, Kuryakyn Ergo II Highway Pegs, Ultimate King Seat w/Driver Backrest, Pathfinder Running/Turnsignal/Driving Lights, Beeline Moto Navigation, INNOVV K2 Camera, DHS Racing Shifter Linkage Upgrade, Show Chrome Handlebar Risers and Luggage Rack.

testing testing ------- ------- ------- -------

Skromfols - Yep. There's a history on the forum with our friends at Angrystad, therefore it's not a name that's allowed. I have no position on that issue. Great forum here, and in my meager experience with the folks at Angrystad, they were also great folks.

You are correct...you remove the screen you have on now, and install their new base shield. The brackets are mounted to that, then the outer shield onto the brackets. The brackets allow manual up/down sliding adjustment, and also some limited "tilt" adjustment so that you can find the best setting for you.

rbbonds, thanks for the info. I just ordered their shield and hopefully it will arrive in a week or so. I like the idea of adjustability so this looks like it will work out for me. If anyone is interested I'll post the results when I get it installed.