Questions on the ------- wind screen - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Questions on the ------- wind screen

Love mine. I'm 6'3 and got the 15" one. I also like the looks...I think it looks mean and different. I bought one for my dads Slingshot as well...can't go wrong and easy to install. While I had mine off, I went ahead and ran a power wire to the dash for a USB plug to keep my Go Pro charged and also my GPS power cord.

I am 6'4" and the 15" works great for me.I love that I can look over the top of the screen with little to no buffeting.Plus IMHO I think it compliments the bikes look.Bottom line it is the best windscreen I have ever been behind.

Thanks to both of you for your feedback. I just got an email notice that my order has shipped, so hopefully I'll have it on next week and be able to test it out.

The 11" woks fine for me at almost 6' I have a brand new 15" shield if anyone has the base and wants to buy this one, make ya a deal. After trying the 15" it was too tall and I dislike looking through it. The 11" is all I will ever need.

After receiving your new shield you decide it is taller than you would like you can return it and swap for a shorter one at only the cost of shipping. Additionally the lower cost of a shorter shield will offset some of the shipping cost. Also available is custom made shields, on my third choice I opted for an extra inch on each side for a little more protection. Custom made is not returnable. Like Vandal I found a much shorter than they recommend is more to my likeing. I look well over.
    Last edited by 2wheelsforme; 02-28-2020 at 07:13 AM.

That is for the upper part as the base is the same on all sizes and does not need to be returned for a swap.

Great windshields! I have the 11", as I prefer to look over the top, rather than thru. And still no buffeting. Only time I raise it to the highest, is in rain, or extreme cold.

I finished the install yesterday. Man, you guys weren't kidding about the instructions being a bunch of crap. Ya, between Youtube and common sense I was able to assemble it, install it and adjust it, but they sure don't make it easy. And how much are they saving by not providing detailed instructions with maybe a picture or two? Next to nothing. But that being said, the quality seems good I like the adjustability and I'll try it out today to see if it removes the buffeting that I was trying to reduce.

Quote Originally Posted by Vandal View Post
    The 11" woks fine for me at almost 6' I have a brand new 15" shield if anyone has the base and wants to buy this one, make ya a deal. After trying the 15" it was too tall and I dislike looking through it. The 11" is all I will ever need.
    I sent you a PM on the 15" top shield. I'm interested. Thanks!

I'm also looking at the angrystad windshield. I currently have the slipstreamer 11" and the noise and buffeting at highway speeds is insane. It is also almost impossible to hear the radio. Just to confirm, the base shield is the same size on all options, the only other option is the height of the adjustable part of the shield? Also are there options for clear/tints for both shields? What would you recommend for 6'0"? Thanks in advance.