Questions on the ------- wind screen - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Questions on the ------- wind screen

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Vandal View Post
    The 11" woks fine for me at almost 6' I have a brand new 15" shield if anyone has the base and wants to buy this one, make ya a deal. After trying the 15" it was too tall and I dislike looking through it. The 11" is all I will ever need.
    I sent you a PM on the 15" top shield. I'm interested. Thanks!

After receiving your new shield you decide it is taller than you would like you can return it and swap for a shorter one at only the cost of shipping. Additionally the lower cost of a shorter shield will offset some of the shipping cost. Also available is custom made shields, on my third choice I opted for an extra inch on each side for a little more protection. Custom made is not returnable. Like Vandal I found a much shorter than they recommend is more to my likeing. I look well over.
    Last edited by 2wheelsforme; 02-28-2020 at 07:13 AM.

That is for the upper part as the base is the same on all sizes and does not need to be returned for a swap.

Great windshields! I have the 11", as I prefer to look over the top, rather than thru. And still no buffeting. Only time I raise it to the highest, is in rain, or extreme cold.

The recommendations on their site for shield sizes are pretty spot on in my opionion.

I'm 6'1", but am long in torso. The site recommends a 15" shield for me, and that is what I ordered. I look over the shield regardless of its position (high or low). With it high, it's great for highway speeds or windy days and it creates a very still pocket behind it. In the lowest setting, it's great for non-highway speeds, and I get a nice little breeze. Since I like the ability to go back and forth within a ride, I created an electric linear actuator system to move adjust it while under way.

By the way, for me, this unit replaced a Clearview Full Wing +4 wide with vent (i.e. the shield was 4 inches taller than a full wing shield, and was wider at the shoulders). The AngryStad is quieter and smoother by far.

I have tried both. The one in my avatar is the dark one. It came with the shield when I picked it up off another member here.

Although I look over both shields, I found that I still like being able to see through the shield for close-up stuff, so I run the clear one 100% of the time.

That said, the dark shield looks nicer on the bike, so if you're a victim to style, you'll want that one. Everybody's needs are different.

YMMV.

Sure. I have a few photos and part numbers in case anyone wants to play around. To avoid highjacking this thread, I'll start a new one over in the Garage section.

I have a 13 F6B with an 11" Stad - I am 5'10" and its just at the limit for me. Maybe a 13"? Up in Gods country there, probably not a lot of other F6B's in the area with the same shield you could at least sit on the bike and see how it feels.

FWIW, I've got a 'stad on my V-Strom (a bike with notoriously crappy buffeting) and went through a few shields and have cut them up to use with the Mastad brackets.

They are ugly AF, but they work great. Almost MAD.
    2016 F6B Matte Grey
    2016 XDiavel (Sadly...gone)
    2014 M109r (FHD Classic) (Sadly...gone)
    2014 VRSCF (Gone)
    2006 VTX 1300C (Gone)

"I find as I get older that I have less and less to say about more and more. I thought I was mellowing as I got older, turns out I just don’t give a sh1t.”