Questions on the ------- wind screen - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Questions on the ------- wind screen

Quote Originally Posted by Dualsporter View Post
    I'm also looking at the angrystad windshield. I currently have the slipstreamer 11" and the noise and buffeting at highway speeds is insane. It is also almost impossible to hear the radio. Just to confirm, the base shield is the same size on all options, the only other option is the height of the adjustable part of the shield? Also are there options for clear/tints for both shields? What would you recommend for 6'0"? Thanks in advance.
    yes the base shield is the same for all sizes.. I'm 6.0 I use the 13 inch top screen in clear I have it set to the lowest position... The best shield I've ever tried I can hear my music at volume setting at ten at seventy miles per hour.. and yes they have several choices on tints for shield. I hope you enjoy your shield

The recommendations on their site for shield sizes are pretty spot on in my opionion.

I'm 6'1", but am long in torso. The site recommends a 15" shield for me, and that is what I ordered. I look over the shield regardless of its position (high or low). With it high, it's great for highway speeds or windy days and it creates a very still pocket behind it. In the lowest setting, it's great for non-highway speeds, and I get a nice little breeze. Since I like the ability to go back and forth within a ride, I created an electric linear actuator system to move adjust it while under way.

By the way, for me, this unit replaced a Clearview Full Wing +4 wide with vent (i.e. the shield was 4 inches taller than a full wing shield, and was wider at the shoulders). The AngryStad is quieter and smoother by far.

Quote Originally Posted by f6bcarider View Post
    yes the base shield is the same for all sizes.. I'm 6.0 I use the 13 inch top screen in clear I have it set to the lowest position... The best shield I've ever tried I can hear my music at volume setting at ten at seventy miles per hour.. and yes they have several choices on tints for shield. I hope you enjoy your shield
    Thanks for the reply, I was looking at the website, I'm going to go with the 13 also, just not sure yet if I should go with clear or one of the tints.

I have tried both. The one in my avatar is the dark one. It came with the shield when I picked it up off another member here.

Although I look over both shields, I found that I still like being able to see through the shield for close-up stuff, so I run the clear one 100% of the time.

That said, the dark shield looks nicer on the bike, so if you're a victim to style, you'll want that one. Everybody's needs are different.

YMMV.

Quote Originally Posted by rdbonds View Post
    ... I ended up putting 12v linear actuators on mine, so I can adjust it while riding.
    What can you tell us about that? It sounds like an interesting mod.
    "1.21 gigawatts?! 1.21 GIGAWATTS??! Great Scott!!"

Sure. I have a few photos and part numbers in case anyone wants to play around. To avoid highjacking this thread, I'll start a new one over in the Garage section.

I was wondering why this screen was being called the angrystad! I have a 2017 f6B and I really want a new sunscreen before riding season. I bought this bike new to me early this spring. Only had it for a month when a deer hit me on the front left side. Insurance company wanted to write it off, but there were no replacement bikes anywhere close by, so the Honda dealer told me it could take up to two months to get all the parts in!
    It's now over 6 months.... They tell me the final part will be in next week!
    Sorry for the long story! But I'm only 5'8" and I think I'm going to go with the 11" angrystad unless enough people tell me otherwise?
    I would also like to mount a radar detector on it somehow? Or somewhere in the bike. Any suggestions?
    Thanks in advance

I have a 13 F6B with an 11" Stad - I am 5'10" and its just at the limit for me. Maybe a 13"? Up in Gods country there, probably not a lot of other F6B's in the area with the same shield you could at least sit on the bike and see how it feels.

FWIW, I've got a 'stad on my V-Strom (a bike with notoriously crappy buffeting) and went through a few shields and have cut them up to use with the Mastad brackets.

They are ugly AF, but they work great. Almost MAD.
    2016 F6B Matte Grey
    2016 XDiavel (Sadly...gone)
    2014 M109r (FHD Classic) (Sadly...gone)
    2014 VRSCF (Gone)
    2006 VTX 1300C (Gone)

"I find as I get older that I have less and less to say about more and more. I thought I was mellowing as I got older, turns out I just don’t give a sh1t.”