Saddle Bags Lock, not a big fan of it.
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Saddle Bags Lock, not a big fan of it.

Saddle Bags Lock, not a big fan of it.

Anyone know how to tweak the lock to remove the key and leave the bags unlocked? Not worried about them being unlocked most of the time, darn few people know how to open them anyway. I would like the choice of locking them or not.

do the cut off key with a radio knob . leave it in and unlock position

Yes easy fix and still lockable if needed.

Knob is hardly noticeable. IMG_4286.JPG

Plus the key will be too short to start the bike

Or you can spend some big bucks and do the install for electric openers, it will not make anything easier but they are kool. Of course then you have to worry about a dead battery in the bike and in the remote fob.

The "Radio Knob Mod" mentioned above is simple. Get TWO keys made and the two Knobs Here...I say two keys so you can "Mod" one for the glove compartment key lock that's just as annoying.

Measure the keys when inserted into each lock and cut so you still have enough key to glue inside the knob. Glove compartment key needs to be longer and this key CAN be used in the ignition to unlock the front forks, but won't start the bike.

If I'm feeling cautious, I'll pull the keys out and drop them in the locked tray under the gas tank cap lid.
    2016 F6B Standard Matte Silver. Freedom Combat Slip-Ons, BaggerShield 11" - 19" Sport Shield, Kuryakyn Ergo II Highway Pegs, Ultimate King Seat w/Driver Backrest, Pathfinder Running/Turnsignal/Driving Lights, Beeline Moto Navigation, INNOVV K2 Camera, DHS Racing Shifter Linkage Upgrade, Show Chrome Handlebar Risers and Luggage Rack.

I've had the radio knob keys for years (fuel door, "glove" compartment, and they are handy, but I am wanting to modify the lock.

Quote Originally Posted by 2wheelsforme View Post
    Yes easy fix and still lockable if needed.
    How is it accomplished? I don't want to screw it up and sometimes I pretty good at that. lol

The keys are cheap at Lowes or Home Depot. I don't remember the key blank number. Most of the time they will activate the locks but not crank the bike. I used the rubber ends made for metal furniture feet and a 50/50 epoxy mix that hardened like metal. I have two, one for the bags in the rear, it is larger cause it needs to stick out a bit as the key hole is recessed. Another more flush mount for the right side that opens the center cubby. Gas cover is really not needed as the right side one is very easy to remove and open the gas cap.