Saddle Bags Lock, not a big fan of it. - Page 2
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Saddle Bags Lock, not a big fan of it.

Ran into a guy a while back that modified his lock to remove the key with the bags unlocked, that's what I am wanting to do, not the radio knob and cut key which I have on my Wing and F6 fuel doors and "glove boxes".

I found directions once online but you have to remove the tumblers, dismantle them, and file down something inside. I thought about doing it but it seemed like to much work at the time.
    Former owner of a 99 Valkyrie for 15 years.

Quote Originally Posted by zeus661 View Post
    I found directions once online but you have to remove the tumblers, dismantle them, and file down something inside. I thought about doing it but it seemed like to much work at the time.
    Think I'll pull it and take it to a lock smith, thank you zeus661! (Hate not having the choice to leave it unlocked or not, I can leave my Wings bags and trunk unlocked)

Quote Originally Posted by F6Joe View Post
    Think I'll pull it and take it to a lock smith, thank you zeus661! (Hate not having the choice to leave it unlocked or not, I can leave my Wings bags and trunk unlocked)

I’m confused now. You say that you “hate not having a choice of locked or unlocked”. With the knob trick mentioned previously, you do have a choice. Unlocked, the knob is there and no one even notices it. If they do, most have no idea what it is for. If you need to lock them, lock it and pull the key or leave it. As stated, the majority of people have no idea what it is for anyway.

I wish that the bags were controlled like the remote trunk release on my cars. If the ignition key is in the "on" position or "acc" position it can open the trunk just with a push of this button.
    I don't want to worry about riding around with disguised extra keys or aftermarket remotes.
    Honda should have done this from the start IMHO.

It is not a disguised extra key, it will not crank the bike. The way it is with the cut off key works great for me.

Quote Originally Posted by 2wheelsforme View Post
    It is not a disguised extra key, it will not crank the bike. The way it is with the cut off key works great for me.
    But it will open the bags if left in. Putting a knob on the end is to disguise that it is a key. If you like it, that is all that matters.

Here is a link to a video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=izZeoEWzHk8

I'm still looking for the directions
    Former owner of a 99 Valkyrie for 15 years.

I did it. It's not that bad.

You have to pull everything apart to get to the lock cylinder.
    Once you get the lock cylinder out, you have to disassemble it.

Then finally you can pull the center section with the tumblers out of the housing.

No you will see there is one slot that allows the key to be removed...you need to make a second one.

I used a Dremel with a butt and made short work of it.

It works absolutely great.
    2015 matte silver F6B