The air filter replacement was, as expected, rather tedious and time consuming. It took us about four hours.
There’s a few YouTube videos which show the process. We have the shop service manual as well, which is an essential aide.
My wife and I did it together which made the process much easier. The extra pair of hands, another set of eyes, and someone to verify what was happening was immensely useful.
I have a high-quality torque wrench which I believe another essential tool for any work on the bikes.

The exercise was made somewhat more rewarding by doing several of the tasks in a suitable sequence. That meant removing fairing pieces only once and so forth. By the way ... the plastic tools intended for removing auto panels and trim work great on the F6B. They’re available at most auto parts stores.

When you finally have the cover off and are into the airbox, be very careful removing the old filter. Ours contained the remains of a dragon fly, a butter fly, and oodles of black dust and grunge. For gawds sake, don’t dump it into the throttle bodies!
Don’t touch anything in the air intake area or throttle bodies. Treat them as a sacred inner sanctum never to be violated.

Happy to answer specific questions if you have any.