Introduction - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Introduction

The air filter replacement was, as expected, rather tedious and time consuming. It took us about four hours.
    There’s a few YouTube videos which show the process. We have the shop service manual as well, which is an essential aide.
    My wife and I did it together which made the process much easier. The extra pair of hands, another set of eyes, and someone to verify what was happening was immensely useful.
    I have a high-quality torque wrench which I believe another essential tool for any work on the bikes.

The exercise was made somewhat more rewarding by doing several of the tasks in a suitable sequence. That meant removing fairing pieces only once and so forth. By the way ... the plastic tools intended for removing auto panels and trim work great on the F6B. They’re available at most auto parts stores.

When you finally have the cover off and are into the airbox, be very careful removing the old filter. Ours contained the remains of a dragon fly, a butter fly, and oodles of black dust and grunge. For gawds sake, don’t dump it into the throttle bodies!
    Don’t touch anything in the air intake area or throttle bodies. Treat them as a sacred inner sanctum never to be violated.

Happy to answer specific questions if you have any.
    Keep Calm ... and Beat to Quarters

Our 2016 is a “Deluxe” model, it came with the pillion backrest. The previous owner had it removed.

Whoever did the removal simply filled the four holes with black plastic snap-in plugs.

Fortunately, the previous owner had kept everything (including the original seat)and we received the pieces when we bought the bike from the trade-in dealer.

The bike also was equipped with a Corbin seat which was too wide for my short wee legs.

So ... we swapped the original seat back in, reinstalled the pillion brackets and backrest, and added the mini luggage rack on the back.

The Corbin seat is in great shape and is now for sale at $425 plus shipping from 34994.

Photo shows rear end work in progress.

400ECB2E-9151-4E01-B5D8-02F8BDBDAE9E.jpg
    Keep Calm ... and Beat to Quarters

Quote Originally Posted by Zaphod View Post
    Our 2016 is a “Deluxe” model, it came with the pillion backrest. The previous owner had it removed.

Whoever did the removal simply filled the four holes with black plastic snap-in plugs.
    The white '16 was only a Deluxe model, they made the grey in both Standard and Deluxe. I realized this when I tried to buy the filler plates with no holes in white. Honda never made a bike that came with them, so they logically never made those parts. My wife doesn't ride, so no need for the backrest, but I didn't want to take it off without filling the space. Hence, the acquisition of the plates from another rider, and painting them matte white.

Welcome to the group! Plenty of good info on this site.

Welcome from Wild Rose Country. Planning on tackling the air filter on my '13 in the coming weeks. Enjoy all the great advice and folks on the site.

Welcome from Los Angeleeeeeees, California.
    "Absorb what is useful, discard what is useless, and add what is uniquely your own." Bruce Lee

"The only thing worse than being blind is having sight but no vision." - Helen Keller

"Get busy living, or get busy dying." Andy Dufresne

Welcome from eastern New York state. Stay safe.

All's well that ends.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaphod View Post
    The Corbin seat is in great shape and is now for sale at $425 plus shipping from 34994
    I have a few questions about the Corbin seat so I'll send you a PM.
    2016 F6B Standard Matte Silver. Freedom Combat Slip-Ons, BaggerShield 11" - 19" Sport Shield, Kuryakyn Ergo II Highway Pegs, Ultimate King Seat w/Driver Backrest, Pathfinder Running/Turnsignal/Driving Lights, Beeline Moto Navigation, INNOVV K2 Camera, DHS Racing Shifter Linkage Upgrade, Show Chrome Handlebar Risers and Luggage Rack.

Hi Cindy and Bill,

I also ride a ‘15 F6B here on the Treasure Coast. I am in Port St Lucie and spend weekends riding the area.
    PM me should you like to meet up for a Saturday or Sunday ride, keeping safe in this Coronavirus time is also important to me as I am sure it is to you. I think we can keep 6 feet apart, especially riding ��

And welcome to the forum and the Treasure Coast.

WEG