bucket list or stock market - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: bucket list or stock market

If you go just make sure your vehicles are in the best working order as you don’t need anything breaking down when there is a shelter in place order somewhere. Be extra careful driving as the hospitals are ramping up to deal with the virus outbreak. This thing should be resolved for better or worse in the coming months, would it be prudent to wait till then? We are all adults and live with the outcome of our choices, so as long as you make an informed decision about what awaits you where you travel, no one should dictate or preach. The same can be said of riding around town, please be careful so you don’t end up at a hospital. Lots of great folks on this board. Ride safe, and God Bless.

Thanks to all who responded for your input. I have decided to put off the trip for now and invest in the stock market. Hopefully this fall this sh** will be over and I can began planning the trip again. At least in Florida I shouldn't have to worry much about snow and salt on the roads during the fall and winter months. Maybe by the time I go Big Larry will be able to join me and ride together around Florida coast and eat plenty of sea food. P. Sutton thanks for the heads up about the cost of camping at Key West, I will try to find a camp site (more affordable) on the mainland and day trip to the Keys. I went to Underwater Swimmers School (scuba) while in the Navy at Key West and would like to see the changes since the late 60's. Cali261 you are right about the great folks on this board and I have met several at the Pigeon Forge and Colorado rallys. Ride safe and as Jim said " wash your hands".

Quote Originally Posted by gordon View Post
    Thanks to all who responded for your input. I have decided to put off the trip for now and invest in the stock market. Hopefully this fall this sh** will be over and I can began planning the trip again. At least in Florida I shouldn't have to worry much about snow and salt on the roads during the fall and winter months. Maybe by the time I go Big Larry will be able to join me and ride together around Florida coast and eat plenty of sea food. P. Sutton thanks for the heads up about the cost of camping at Key West, I will try to find a camp site (more affordable) on the mainland and day trip to the Keys. I went to Underwater Swimmers School (scuba) while in the Navy at Key West and would like to see the changes since the late 60's. Cali261 you are right about the great folks on this board and I have met several at the Pigeon Forge and Colorado rallys. Ride safe and as Jim said " wash your hands".
    Well, don't forget there is another rally in CO this year...

Jeff

Quote Originally Posted by P.Sutton View Post
    The company I work for was recently bought out and during the merger they really started screwing me around. I was basically on “ forced” vacation for a couple days (and then called off sick a couple more). I left Cleveland at 9am and was at mile marker zero, key west in 29 hours. Had a beer and a sandwich at Sloppy Joes and turned around back north. (They wanted at least $60 for a primitive campsite in the keys) Tent camped at the cabbage patch near Daytona for a few days before heading home.

With that said, it was last week before things started to get out of control. I think I would still do it today, just avoid crowds a little more. Every once in a while I just need to hit the reset button and nothing does it better than eating up miles of slab with nothing but my thoughts rolling around in my helmet.

Go for it!

That is the coolest thing I've heard in a long time.

The Keys have closed. State campgrounds are closed. Many restaurants are closed except for take out. The beaches are closing one by one each day. Not a good time at all here in Florida.

"This too shall pass." The market will crash even further (IMHO), and I'll be in. If / when HD drops to about 14.5, I'm in. If the NYSE drops below 16K ish (hoping 15), I'm totally in, for a hand full of years. Beleive this summer, not many will have the $$$ for holidays, so I expect hotels to be cheaper per se. Was going to take off for a month (2 wks in june, 2 wks in Aug) do to my normal traveling, but this year I may shorten it, especially if I drop $$$ in the market. Will also be looking at Cisco Sys., Carn and Norw cruise lines, Ford, Delta, and Polaris if they continue to drop.
    "Absorb what is useful, discard what is useless, and add what is uniquely your own." Bruce Lee

"The only thing worse than being blind is having sight but no vision." - Helen Keller

"Get busy living, or get busy dying." Andy Dufresne