Stock Market

Thread: Stock Market

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Phantom View Post
    I'm not a stock market player, however I might be interested in buying some stocks now.
    In 12 months all of this frantic craziness will be over and stocks will continue to climb.

I'm being told to buy Apple, Exxon, Boeing etc.....
    History repeats itself and in a few months, things will start going back up.

Any suggestions?
    I'm thinking established US company airline stock. Gov won't let the airlines fail (?) because the global economy will continue to require air travel. All the requirements for a return to routine air travel are in place (infrastructure, planes, people, etc.). No big ramp up costs to get back up to speed. Just an idea. Not so positive on the oil stocks, Saudi Arabia is making it clear that they want to and will dominate the market. They have been building their production capacity up greatly for the last 20 years and have (I think I read somewhere a 10 million barrel a day reserve capacity) the ability to swamp the market with low cost product. Their cost of production is less than $10 per barrel. US production cost is over $20, with shale production cost even higher. Figures may be off a bit but the concept is correct.
    Last edited by Travelor; 03-22-2020 at 09:29 AM.