1st 100 miles
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 1st 100 miles

Cool 1st 100 miles

Well My story the 1st 100 . I guess I should give a little back ground coming off a 2012 CVO Streetglide .
    I find the F6b the best decision I made in a couple years .
    1- I thought the CVO was the bomb ( chrome , 110 , stereo , etc..)
    2- I always liked the shark nose (road glide)had one so the lines on the F6b caught my eye
    OK I find that in life you never get all this cheaper...
    BETTER HANDLING /RIDING (F6b lighter in all aspects ) taking off kick stand to doing turnarounds, bumps etc....
    BETTER BRAKING... CVO had anti-lock brakes but my basic doesn't and still the linked system is better , while hard braking bike the balancing of the bike is better .
    ( can only contribute this to the Harley had more nose dive and your weight shifted more)
    BETTER PERFORMANCE ----The F6b torque and power is far better than CVO with full exhaust with tune
    THE BEST part is the HONDA burns regular gas too !!!
    OK I can say the CVO had the better stereo with 8 speakers but the F6b seems to have more base
    THE CVO has a lot more BLING but I don't think I will miss the hours detailing all the chrome .

Thanks for the info on the forums helping me with my decision about the Honda and 10,000 savings !

Welocme! There are plenty of us here that are "former" HD riders. There was a time that I wouldn't ride anything else, even when everthing else was more reliable. Good folks here, enjoy the experience.

Welcome to the F6B. I came off a Road King and never looking back.

Another former HD owner (a few times). Never had a CVO but always enjoyed my Harleys but I enjoy every bike I've had.

Wings (& F6B's) always shine as a rider's motorcycle. Harley's are pretty and they make a good bike but with an 1800 Flat6 engine, the F6B is a mile eater. The best part is you don't have to spend a dime (Stage 1, dyno tune, etc) to make the bike perform like it should!

Enjoy yours.
    13 F6B Deluxe I've taken the road less traveled, now where the hell am I?
    I don't buy a bike to impress other people, just me !!

It Gets Better

Time is on your side. With each new mile driven the grin on your face will grow wider

Never owned a Harley but had many big cc metrics i.e. Honda 1800 VTX, 1900 cc Yamaha Strat S, 1800 cc Suzuki M-109! All great bikes but no comparison to the F6B. Penned the following after three month. What was written then still applies now! Enjoy your new ride

http://hondaf6b.com/showthread.php?5...s-Into-The-F6B

I feel fortunate!

This is only my second bike and I am 42. Bought a less expensive Vulcan to start out on 5 years ago and hardly road it. Only 900 cc with no stereo, it just wasnt any fun. Ever since the first ride home back in early April I have loved every second on this Bike.

after reading a lot of posts on here I feel like I have saved a lot of money making the F6B my choice. its great to have a forum like this as well for ideas and shared experiences. Still dont get to ride as much as I want but I know when I get to it is pure pleasure.

H-D vs F6B

I own a 2009 H-D Ultra Classic and it is very much a fun bike to ride and up to now has been my go-to bike for long hauls....

I also own a H-D 2009 CVO FatBob which I thought was was going to be my more fun ride to carve some canyon roads with...

However....

I also now have a F6B Deluxe, and having ridden it down to the Myrtle Beach Bike week this year, I can easily see this bike eclipsing both my FatBob for canyon carving and my Ultra for long haul riding !!!!

But I ain't giving up my H-D's either....

Sometimes I just wanna show the chrome !!!!

and sometimes I wanna show the chrome guys my tail lights !!!!!

I've owned a couple of Ultra Glides and one Sportster. This 'Goldwing' is a vastly superior motorcycle.

Quote Originally Posted by gunut View Post
    Well My story the 1st 100 . I guess I should give a little back ground coming off a 2012 CVO Streetglide .
    I find the F6b the best decision I made in a couple years .
    1- I thought the CVO was the bomb ( chrome , 110 , stereo , etc..)
    2- I always liked the shark nose (road glide)had one so the lines on the F6b caught my eye
    OK I find that in life you never get all this cheaper...
    BETTER HANDLING /RIDING (F6b lighter in all aspects ) taking off kick stand to doing turnarounds, bumps etc....
    BETTER BRAKING... CVO had anti-lock brakes but my basic doesn't and still the linked system is better , while hard braking bike the balancing of the bike is better .
    ( can only contribute this to the Harley had more nose dive and your weight shifted more)
    BETTER PERFORMANCE ----The F6b torque and power is far better than CVO with full exhaust with tune
    THE BEST part is the HONDA burns regular gas too !!!
    OK I can say the CVO had the better stereo with 8 speakers but the F6b seems to have more base
    THE CVO has a lot more BLING but I don't think I will miss the hours detailing all the chrome .

Thanks for the info on the forums helping me with my decision about the Honda and 10,000 savings !
    Welcome to the F6B! It only gets better............yee haa

Welcome. Have a '90 Fl w/an Ultima 127ci aftermarket engine and 6 speed. Love the bike but the reliability sucks, new that going in. Have my heart set on the F6B for a spring purchase. Black of course, because it's the fastest.