Replacing high beam bulb...HOW?

Thread: Replacing high beam bulb...HOW?

Replacing high beam bulb...HOW?

I want to replace the high beam bulbs on my 2016 F6B but I can't even find them! I know they are there!

Seeing them is a start but how do you get to them? Do you have to disassemble the front end and dash? I looked from underneath, down the forks, up the forks, on top, with a mirror and flashlight and still looking. If they are that hard to see, how do you get to them to changeconfused:

You start with removing the left fairing pocket. Then removing the right fairing cover that on the Deluxe model that has the heated grip control. Then you need to have small hands and skinny forearms and very go dexterity along with fingers that have good feeling ability. If you don’t have all or most of those prerequisites you basically have to remove all the plastic that you remove when doing an air filter change. I dread the day that I have to replace mine as I don’t have much feelings in my finger tips or skinny fore arms.
    Last edited by Sorcerer; 03-28-2020 at 06:53 PM.

Do you have Chinese neighbors or know a kid about 4 years old?
    Helps heaps on getting to the globe

Yes, small hands, and flexibility are needed for this job. Another of the very "few" design complaints on our great bikes. It'll be like working blindfolded, too. Best of luck to you!

I didn't think it was that hard to do

I did it and I have large clunky hands, however they were all red and sort of scratched up when done. There is a clip on the bulb make sure you look at it first so you can put is back with out looking at it.

The more I look at it, those OEM bulbs look pretty good! With everything locked down, I don't thing I will be able to find a blind, Chinese kid for hire to make the change. Bet, who ever designed the lighting system was a small Japanese girl that does not like Americans!!

Engineers can be cruel and diabolical.

This video is for an earlier year Goldwing.. but the principles of what needs to be addressed are similar.

https://youtu.be/Yks5oAAoIoc