Mustang Seat
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Mustang Seat

Mustang Seat

Anyone have experience with the Mustang seat? First, how soft is it on the butt? And second, does it change your riding position from the stock seat... Back? Forward? Up? Down?

I had a Mustang on my VTX1800 and it was a vast improvement over stock. It did sit me a bit higher however, though on the VTX it didn't matter much. On the B, it may be a deal breaker, depending on your inseam.
    2016 F6B Deluxe with goodies.

I have a Mustang seat on my B and it's is on the hard side but it is comfortable for a all day ride but if I'm on trip I use a Airhawk cushion I don't know if it's needed but it helps.
    If I remember right it is an inch lower than stock.

Quote Originally Posted by Lawman882 View Post
    Anyone have experience with the Mustang seat? First, how soft is it on the butt? And second, does it change your riding position from the stock seat... Back? Forward? Up? Down?
    I have one on my B, and like it. Good back support, and you'll sit about an inch lower and a tiny bit back.

Short legged people get a Mustang, short armed get a Ultimate Mid Rider, large peps get a Ultimate King, extra large and tall get a Russell Day long and have the seat moved up and back.

Quote Originally Posted by 2wheelsforme View Post
    Short legged people get a Mustang, short armed get a Ultimate Mid Rider, large peps get a Ultimate King, huge bastards get a Russell Day long and have the seat moved up and back.
    FIFY

Quote Originally Posted by jmdaniel View Post
    FIFY

Also know as manly men!

I replaced the stock seat with a Mustang because the stock seat makes the F6b look like a great big moped!

However, if I am making a long trip, I put the stock seat back on. The Mustang is hard (compared to stock). It does not really have a back rest, but more of a butt chock during acceleration.

100_3837.jpg
    Albuquerque, NM

Quote Originally Posted by 2wheelsforme View Post
    Also know as manly men!
    Of course! I hope you and the missus are doing well!

I've had my Mustang since roughly May of '16. It will sit you slightly back and about an inch lower. But that small amount will lower the Center of Gravity and compleatly change the way your bike handles. Much better than stock. It is also much more comfortable than the stock seat. I couldn't ride the stock seat more than about 20-25 miles at a stretch without severe back and tailbone pain (so bad my upper legs would become totally numb from it). With the Mustang seat I can easily go 75-100. Perhaps even more...but being an old fart these days, that's about as far as other parts of me can go at a stretch anyway...so I'll never really know how far the Mustang will actually go.

If you are shorter, it will also get your feet more securely on the ground at a stop. Alas....I am 6'3 and about 290...so it makes me look a little silly on it. However, the bike handles so much better that I haven't complained.

All of that being said, I do have to admit that I have a Corbin seat on order to replace it.But it has been on order since way the hell back in January and I haven't seen it yet. Corbin has made numerous false promises and flat out lies about imminent shipping...then they finally broke down and said 'maybe June or July if you're lucky'. SO, I am going to be riding the Mustang for awhile yet.

I could do worse.

.....sT
    Last edited by SimonTemplar; 04-04-2020 at 01:49 AM.
    Journeyman ATCS, retired
    U.S. DOT - Federal Aviation Administration -- 1982-2012

--- Valve Audio: Use a transistor, go to jail .....it's the LAW!! ---