Mustang Seat - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Mustang Seat

Does the mustang seat have to be removed before you can remove the side covers?

It is significantly easier to remove the side covers if you first remove the seat. BUT....if you are careful about it and go slowly, you don't HAVE to remove the seat.

....sT
    Journeyman ATCS, retired
    U.S. DOT - Federal Aviation Administration -- 1982-2012

--- Valve Audio: Use a transistor, go to jail .....it's the LAW!! ---

Quote Originally Posted by woody View Post
    No.

Thanks for the feed back. I recall a problem with early Corbin seats having to be removed before side cover removal. I am not sure weather it has been rectified.

Quote Originally Posted by jmdaniel View Post
    I have one on my B, and like it. Good back support, and you'll sit about an inch lower and a tiny bit back.
    2016 B I never rode the stock seat. The mustang is as as comfortable as they come to me. Inch lower little bit back good looking on the bike. Makes the bike dance down the highway.

Thanks for the feed back. I recall a problem with early Corbin seats having to be removed before side cover removal. I am not sure weather it has been rectified.
    Its still a PITA. The left side is the hardest, but with a little work it is possible

The Mustang seat is very comfortable & I love the back support but I never road with the OE seat, I had a Mustang put on before I picked my bike up in July just due to seat height I am 5'7"
    Take the comfort thing with a grain of salt I came off of a Vmax I put over 100k on so my frame of reference may be skewed

Clint

Clearly we all have different opinions on this. I would say, "yes" the seat does have to come off to remove and reinstall the side covers (mostly reinstalling is tough).

I trimmed the edging of my Mustang seat pan to make it easier, and it is still a real pita. Removing and reinstalling the side panels was no problem at all with the stock seat.
    Albuquerque, NM

Another question(or two)regarding the Mustang seat. Does it provide support under the thighs? I have an Ultimate King Rider that does well in that area but I would like to sit lower since I'm kinda short.
    Do you guys have the original flat seating area or the "tuck & roll"?

Quote Originally Posted by six2go View Post
    Another question(or two)regarding the Mustang seat. Does it provide support under the thighs? I have an Ultimate King Rider that does well in that area but I would like to sit lower since I'm kinda short.
    Do you guys have the original flat seating area or the "tuck & roll"?
    Not in my opinion, no, but that is one of the reasons I like it. And mine is tuck and roll.